Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Shift-click to add items on top of build queue

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 8:23:13 AM
Make shift-clicking on an improvement/exploitation/ship button add it to the top of the build queue.

Two example situations where it would help a lot:

- Most of my systems are fully developed and in ind->dust or ind->sci mode. I research a new technology that unlocks an universaly useful improvement and I want to build it everywhere. That means adding it to the build queue on every planet AND then dragging it before the ind->dust item. Introducing the shift-click would streamline the process a lot. (this particular case would also be solved if all build orders were automatically added before the first ind->dust/ind->sci order in the queue - you rarely want to add anything after an ind->dust order)

- When conquering systems from lower-tech enemy there are often a lot of improvements to be scheduled, which leads to fairly long build queue. Trying to add a priority item on top of such existing queue is a pretty annoying drag&scroll marathon.

This was already suggested somewhere in this thread, but I think it's such a simple yet useful idea, that it deserves it's own suggestion thread.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 3:57:15 PM
I think the better solution is what you mentioned in the second half of the suggestion, new items added to the queue should always be inserted before an industry->sci/dust item
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 9:47:26 PM
/signed

add either shift+click = top of que or a button to move something to the top of the queue
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment