Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hero's that match your race?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 2:21:24 AM
Kinda self explanatory but It kinda breaks my immersion when I'm playing Sophon and I get a Amoeba or UE hero... also still getting funny numbered names for them and occasionally med/large enemy ships.

Regards.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 6:48:05 AM
Well the heroes are mostly mercenaries, so it makes sense other races might be available. Unless you are playing a xenophobe, of course.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 9:28:11 AM
I dont mind having different race heroes but i am curious why i almost never get a hero of my race!?!? oO'

Also the endless hero is in the game? cause i ve never seen him so far
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 12:18:57 PM
Nomas wrote:
I dont mind having different race heroes but i am curious why i almost never get a hero of my race!?!? oO'

Also the endless hero is in the game? cause i ve never seen him so far

The Endless Hero is in the game. However, like any other Hero, there's only so much of a chance to get him. The devs released an updatethat should only allow human players to get him in their Hero pool. But with 61 total Heroes in the game all vying for those initial three spots...It's a small chance of seeing him.

stars2heaven wrote:
Well the heroes are mostly mercenaries, so it makes sense other races might be available. Unless you are playing a xenophobe, of course.

That still doesn't explain why you can hire alien Heroes right at the beginning, before you've made first contact with anyone else, with your space empire still in its infancy.

The suggestion that you should only be able to hire Heroes of your faction (at least at the beginning of the game) has come up before and I completely support it. Hopefully the devs will mention at some point if they have any plans to work something along those lines into the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 4:05:14 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:

That still doesn't explain why you can hire alien Heroes right at the beginning, before you've made first contact with anyone else, with your space empire still in its infancy.

The suggestion that you should only be able to hire Heroes of your faction (at least at the beginning of the game) has come up before and I completely support it. Hopefully the devs will mention at some point if they have any plans to work something along those lines into the game.

Well there is some difference between how the game is played and the lore that exists for the game which I guess causes some confusion on this issue. For instance, the pilgrims and Horatio are from the United Empire and the Pilgrims pretty much came into being when they were aided by the Sophons in their early years. Their ships and science are based on sophon technology. That's half the races right there. Really, every race in the game is already aware of each-other from a lore perspective. The OP was talking about immersion, which I would assume follows the lore as it doesn't make a lot of sense to talk of immersion in any other context. If that's the case, then there is no issue at all with having other races mercenaries available to you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
I can sort of see both sides of the argument. I'm kind of a lore obsessive anyway, I like to have a background to why I'm doing things and to have a story that the events are supposed to fit into/ E.g. I got annoyed when I started a new game and 2 of the opposing 4 factions were Hissho, until I decided to 'interpret' them as two seperate dynasties of the same side - appropriately they went to war.

As such, perhaps some kind of weighted percentage chance to what heroes you can get - a heavy positive modifier to race-specific heroes, a slight one favouring those of the same 'diplomatic alignment', and a negative one to those of opposing alignments.

Could be made optional at the start of a new game, for those who want their Sophons to be easily able to hire a Hissho admiral.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 2:43:28 PM
MNOne wrote:
I can sort of see both sides of the argument. I'm kind of a lore obsessive anyway, I like to have a background to why I'm doing things and to have a story that the events are supposed to fit into/ E.g. I got annoyed when I started a new game and 2 of the opposing 4 factions were Hissho, until I decided to 'interpret' them as two seperate dynasties of the same side - appropriately they went to war.

As such, perhaps some kind of weighted percentage chance to what heroes you can get - a heavy positive modifier to race-specific heroes, a slight one favouring those of the same 'diplomatic alignment', and a negative one to those of opposing alignments.

Could be made optional at the start of a new game, for those who want their Sophons to be easily able to hire a Hissho admiral.

This actually wouldn't be too bad for a number of reasons. Think about the Cravers. Who in their right mind would work for them except another craver? It's a dead end career choice....literally.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 3:13:35 PM
A modifier with like a for example +25% chance that you get heroes from your own race in your pool sounds good. It's really bothering me a little bit if my Grand Admiral of the United Empire is an Amoeba..lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment