Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Auto-Update Ship Building

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 12:04:20 PM
So first off, I tried to search for a topic on this but found nothing. It is entirely possible I was just using poor terms, so if there's already a topic just point me to it and I'll whine over there.

That said I can't imagine I'm the only one irritated by this.

When you update a ship design - especially if you've reconfigued the balance and focus of the weapons and/or defences - you have to go around every system that's currently building ships and change the queue manually.

This can be pretty annoying, not to mention time consuming if you have to fiddle with a long queue or 6-7 systems contributing to building fleets.

And if a large hull type that takes three or four turns to build is near completion you have to decide whether to cancel and restart production, spend Dust to upgrade it (and possibly any other near-completion ships that are nearly ready), or have a below-par fleet. {This I can sort of live with. It could be just regarded as the price of upgrading a design when you do.}

I'd like to see all pending ships of a given type updated when the design is updated. {Possiblty also those being built.}

I've a system building a 3 Defenders, I've just got some missiles and a source of titanium-70, why wouldn't the shipyards just automatically use the new designs I send them?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 12:17:39 PM
What if your new design has been targetted at kicking the ass of a specific race but you still need all those other ships you're building to deal with a different problem?

With the current system you build the old style ships wher eyou need them, the new ones where you want, and when the old problem has been dealt with you can upgrade old ships to the new design.

While it may be annoying to have to rebuild loads of ships when a new design comes out, at least you have a greater flexibility in what you're doing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 9:16:32 PM
there's no real gaurentee that the newer ships would do better against your enemies ...

sometimes you want the planet to keep building the "earlier version" ...

what i do want is more than 10 active designs actually ...
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment