Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Pree Arranged Teams

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 10:03:09 AM
Hi guys, I've had a read and I can't see this posted elseware.

Has the idea, game design element of pree arranged teams been braught up?

I would love to create a game with X players on team 1 and X players on team 2.

Cheers,

Wilko
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 10:09:25 AM
This is 4x game and you can form alliances. There are techs for this. However may be option to unite AI opponents against players. Nothing more is needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 10:32:51 AM
Hi Agr, thanks for replying. Yes the idea for this is to primarally provide a function to set X AI players against human for the purposes of multiplayer. I could also see this as another way to 'lock' human players in pree made alliances, but thats another kettle of fish.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 11:49:47 AM
Agr wrote:
This is 4x game and you can form alliances. There are techs for this. However may be option to unite AI opponents against players. Nothing more is needed.

Hmm, options, the more the merrier I'd say.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 1:48:13 PM
The problem is that alot of people want to play this game with some friends and they are learning the game so they want to do a co-op. And while you can do this you can't win the game together, your combined free research trading makes learning difficult cause people just get things and don't know where they came from, and the ai is not locked in a team against you so you essentially have no competition. It would be nice to see them put in a team v team mode. The hardest part would be working out tech sharing, just simply disabling tech sharing in team ( an option) or having a shared tech tree and bumping up cost by a multiple of the number of players.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:13:35 PM
jam3 wrote:
It would be nice to see them put in a team v team mode. The hardest part would be working out tech sharing, just simply disabling tech sharing in team ( an option) or having a shared tech tree and bumping up cost by a multiple of the number of players.

I like this idea a great deal. It would open a host of new strategic choices - does a team research multiple technologies simultaneously for a big jump forward, or do they pool their research into one tech to make it go as fast as possible?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment