Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Victory Epilogue

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 19, 2012, 2:29:46 PM
This suggestion is based on the fact that victory, your ultimate goal in Endless Space, feel a bit hollow. You get a "You are victorious! Would you continue playing?" message, and although there's this post-game debriefing showing how you fared compared to the other species, I still think you aren't connecting on an emotional level.

I immediately think of Master of Orion that had this 10 sec movie of you being shown to the throne as the master of the galaxy, and I would like something among the lines of that in Endless Space. One video showing how you've risen above the rest of the galaxy and how it now is in your hand.

Ofcourse one could personalise them, making each seperate race having a differnt victory video, or even make a victory video based on your played race and your victory condition. Although I'm getting ahead of my self, that'd be 56 seperate videos.

My point is, I would like the victory to be more than a mechanical thing to the player. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 19, 2012, 5:41:50 PM
I currently have no real problem with the current victory screens, because part of the joy I derive from the game is creating a custom race and succeeding with it. I do not think there would be a way to "personalize" a custom victory cut-scene (though I could be wrong!). Already, I've found that picking an affinity gives you the corresponding race's cut scene, which is rather jarring for me.

Perhaps a summary screen that included some text describing how you won, how effective you were, how glorious you were, etc. could be done based on your different scores and what victory type you accomplished. I do agree that a little screen just going "yay!" is a bit underwhelming, but for me, I enjoy looking at the statistics page and going "I ROCK!"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 20, 2012, 3:42:15 AM
Maybe add two race specific artworks and show them after the game like Sins does. If you win win Hissho for example it shows a scene where they triumph and rule the galaxy. If you lose it could show you a picture of razed planets and humiliated warriors.

I don't know how much art has been commisioned for this game but maybe you could use some stuff from the intros. Would have to view them again.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 20, 2012, 8:17:48 AM
Unfortunately I cant see the image. But from the responses it should be good smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 11:18:14 AM
Epic as always Igncom smiley: mrgreen

Yeah give us a victory video if not race specific then something generic like Moo ending video. Its a shame with all this great art and music and not have a proper ending cutscene smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 9:02:45 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
...A hall of fame or leaderboard has already been listed on a post release improvement.

Yes! I love to play different settings and compare my previous wins against my current one. A single player hall of fame board would go a long way to help me enjoy the game more. Currently, I just keep a little journal next to my screen and write down, who I was, under what settings and my victory conditions.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment