Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

System Defense Weapons & Weapon Upgrade Designs!!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:39:02 PM
I noticed that in game their are no planetary defenses that help protect a planet from invasion. Like no mobile space platforms for guns in the system or even a citadel base. So you dont have to have a fleet over every system or planet you own. I find it hard to manage 8 bazillion fleets like the ai has no problem with.

Also all the weapons when upgraded look the same except they are slightly different colors and look similar when fired. For example a kinetic rail gun is just another machine gun when in reality a rail gun is a giant slug and shot out of a cannon...so perhaps diversify the weapons would be a good addition. Beam weapons should start as the plasma balls shot out and develop into a more beam like weapon i mean a laser gun should be a laser not a ball...Missiles should just get bigger haha i mean their is not much u can do with those perhaps make them slightly faster or fire a bigger salvo as u upgrade them like firing a salvo of 3 missiles at a time per added missile...example ships fire 3x in one phase so the salvo 3x3=9 so a total of 9 missiles fired per phase.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 4:06:24 PM
I know about the techs but im sayin like a space defense station or mobile gun platforms that a fleet would hav to kill in a battle before invading the system. Kinda like modern day Anti air. I mean its the future your gonna have some kind of ship defense other than another ship...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 4:32:46 PM
I'll repeat, use the freaking search button! Do you really think in 4 months and 6k+ threads that this has not been touched on at least 10 times?

Here is the tracked thread, including the dev responses and their intention to add system defence features. There are many more threads like this one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 10:28:56 PM
Both proposals have already been suggested. Also please refrain from posting more than one suggestion topic per thread (see proposal submission rule #2 in the sticky in the proposals section)

Moved to the archives as a composite suggestion.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment