Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

For heros at start

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 3:48:06 AM
Suggestion Purpose: Make it easier to get good heroes at the beginning of the game.

Problem: It is a HUGE advantage for any player to randomly start with a corp/admin hero, and others to not. So much so that all of my friends and I have decided we won't play a game unless everyone gets one, or another hero they deem acceptable. This results in the 3-6 of us remaking a game over and over and ... well you get the idea, until everyone gets a good hero. The process can literally take half an hour or more!

It might seem silly to some to worry about it, but when you play with the same people all the time in competitive games, every advantage matters! and that's a big one, and one of the only complaints we've had about the game at all!

Now we realize that this might not be an issue for everyone, and some people might not want to reliably get such a hero so we took that into account when coming up with some solutions...

Suggested solutions:

[LIST=1]
  • Offer a single 'starting hero' selection for custom factions, and set a default for the default factions. (include the option of random!) This hero would always be available as of of the first 3 for the first purchase. Allowing players to choose a hero that suits their play style and race if they choose! An option to allow selected heroes/random heroes could be added to multi-player game set ups.
  • Offer a standard default group of heroes based on affinity. Affinities that focus on military/exploration getting a pilot/adventurer,

commander/pilot, or a combination like that, while affinities that are more focused on dust, or science get an administrator/corporate
  • Eliminate 'worthless' combinations. Corporate/Adventurer, Corporate/Pilot, Corp/commander, for example are utterly worthless in comparison to a corporate/administrator that is focused on planetary management, or one of the good combinations for fleet admirals.

• [/LIST]

I can't imagine we're the only 6 people playing this great game that feel this is something that could be improved, so please, if you have something to add, a different solution to add to improve this idea, feel free!
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment