logo amplifiers simplified

A whole new level of strategy

Yes for Fighters
No for Fighters
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 1:21:30 PM
Hello, I am a happy customer and I thought of a great way to increase strategy to space combat-

Fighters and Bombers smiley: biggrin

Now, if you aren't totally on-board with me, here are some reasons-

The beginning stage (where neither fleets can attack each other) is a perfect time for fighters/bombers to be launched at the opposing fleet (the fight still begins at stage two though.)

Fighters could be a second defense against those pesky missiles if they don't have their hands full with bombers or fighters.

To me there just seems to be not enough different weapon modules so adding this in would/could increase that.

Flak (anti-missile) defense modules could also be a defense to fighters/bombers.

There doesn't seem to be that much room left on the research area so better bombers could be unlocked as you research better missiles; The same could be implemented with plasma or kinetics (maybe even both!) for fighters.

I think adding fighters and bombers to the game would add a great deal more of strategy and fun to Endless Space.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 1:36:34 PM
Fighters and bombers have been suggested before, numerous times, as well as been the subject of many debates. The devs have tracked the idea and said that they will be in at some point. You can see both of these facts in the Summary of Suggestions / Ideas (/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/13096-updated-summary-of-suggestions-ideas) and Community Suggestions Amplitude is following (/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/13098-community-suggestions-amplitude-is-following).

I'd point out the origin thread for this idea, if you wanted to add your thoughts to it, but I'm not sure where it is...Nosferatiel will likely link you to it, when he comes around to this thread. Sorry.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 7:11:36 PM
I swear if I start another 10 page debate on the subject I might get banned. smiley: zipper
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 7:51:08 AM
I think it's pretty certain that the developers will work on fighters/strikecraft for a future update. We'll just have to be patient.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 8:11:39 AM
SpaceTroll wrote:
Will you add Carriers/Strikecraft to improve battles?

Definitely!

Looks they will be implemented soon(tm).
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment