Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SUGGESTION] Tax Breaks

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:25:51 PM
We should be allowed to tax different systems at different rates. This would make better use of those +happy anomalies. It would also allow you to only have to build happiness buildings on your most valuable systems or colonize undesirable systems without tanking the economy of your entire empire just so this system can be productive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:33:36 PM
A System tax rate would heavy unbalance tax based affinity like the UE or Sophon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:38:11 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
A System tax rate would heavy unbalance tax based affinity like the UE or Sophon.

Such things can be accounted for.

For example, if the tax rate in system A is "not normal for the empire" then it doesn't get the "normal for the empire" science/production bonus, and instead gets the bonus based on what that system's tax rate is.

There really isn't a problem here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:42:54 PM
I believe I saw the devs already state somewhere that they weren't going to implement a system tax rate, anyway.

As nice as it would be, to help spare the approval of freshly conquered system...That is a bit more micromanaging than I would like to see. It became a pain in Total War just having to remember to go back and check the provinces you exempted from tax so manly turns later to see if they would bring in profit now or not. I wouldn't want to deal with than, or even individual sliders, in Endless Space where the focus isn't on economy management so much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:43:09 PM
If all of the systems are different, then an empire tax slider is pointless.

Giving you a high tax in good systems and low tax in poor systems, effectively making the idea of tax slider approval pointless.

Effectively this is only an 'improvement' for people who don't know how to manage their empire.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 5:09:41 AM
This is on the Dev list as something they do not intend to implement into the game at any time. In other words, they have politely said, "no".
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment