Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] View/Watch Fleets in Orbit & Other Ideas!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 7:06:14 PM
Hello everyone!

My first post, but I've been playing for a while. My name is Andrew, I'm an Art Director/Storyboard Artist for an animation company in the NW. I really enjoy this game, and would love to suggest a few things I believe would add to the depth & immersion of this beautiful game. My apologies if it's already been posted; I don't have the time to sift through so many posts, but I did my best to search and try to find these.

1. WATCH FLEETS IN ORBIT AROUND STAR SYSTEM: I think it'd be kind of fun to view your fleets around the star, purely for aesthetic reasons. It doesn't have to load a new screen or anything, but maybe it can passively be seen when you zoom in around a planet or asteroid, etc. Not sure how easy that would be, but one thing I always love doing in 4X games is nerding out on my fleets, planets, etc. This does the job with planets & moons, but if only the fleets! It'd be nice not to have to wait till combat to see my beautiful vanguard. :^)

2. COMBAT TIMEOUT/MULTIPLE BATTLES: This little nugget has been bugging me a few times now ... on a new turn if I am engaged by a few enemy encounters, I can only play one manual ... but only one!!! It seems even if you pause the game that little "Manual/Auto" timer still goes. Yikes! I think it's only fair to be able to fight each battle, as sometimes the human control can make a difference in outcome and losses.

3. WATCH TRADE SHIPS AROUND STAR SYSTEM: I love how trade is automatically set up by distance to friendly/peaceful neighbors and, obviously, open/clear routes. One thing I think would add just a little extra icing would be to view littel trade ships leaving/arriving at your star system, again, only viewable when you inspect your star system. It can be seen, maybe, when you zoom into a colonized planet; little guys shooting out if the system is connected to a trade route. Again, these things are for looks only, but I believe it would make the world (universe I mean!) feel so much more alive.

That's all I have for now ... if I have anything else I will be sure to post here for consolidation purposes.

Many thanks for your time,

Andrew Imamura
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 9:32:58 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put "SUGGESTION" before my topic thread ... if someone can edit that for I would be very much thankful!

Many apologies,

Andrew
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 11:37:01 PM
Moved to the archives as a composite suggestion according to the proposal submission rule #2.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment