Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Pre-Assign Battle Cards for Auto Mode

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 5:17:43 AM
I've seen a lot of complaints about autoing simultaneous battles, and I've occasionally had to deal with it even in single-player. Honestly, there's one thing I really wish I could do, along with an expansion to that idea which I care about for the sake of expediency.

I want to be able to auto-retreat (say, scouts and colonizers) without having to go into manual battle.

More generally, though, it seems like it could solve a lot of complaining if there was an option to assign a set of battle cards to be used in autobattle when the battle notification comes up. This gives less control than the manual battle, but you don't feel like you're being screwed by the autobattle AI whatever it's doing. (... and I have no idea if it usually plays cards for you randomly or not... because sometimes the AI does and sometimes it doesn't.)

So... thoughts?

How handy would you find this? Did I miss a suggestion post for it having already been made? I bet I did, but I only went about a week deep.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 5:19:04 AM
Auto battle currently uses no cards.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 6:46:59 AM
Igncom1 wrote:

It does in Multiplayer, hence the topic.

Also, some cards provide bonuses that will never be applied in auto, such as healing...even in singleplayer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 7:14:25 PM
Yes, pick three cards for auto battle is a must!!! Then we could have fast multi-battle turns for invasions during a multi-player game without half of the people leaving from not knowing if someone just went AFK for the day.

Perhaps more battle notification involvement for other players during battle would be good also.

"Player 2 vs NPC-Player 1, in progress"

"Player 2 vs Player 3, in que"

"Player 2 vs NPC-Player 1, in que"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 7:33:25 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

I do believe that this topic is one method to start fixing that problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 9:51:19 PM
Quick battle mode; rather than going through the cinematic battle just play the cards on the galaxy map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 1:36:13 AM
Totally needed in the game, it's a PITA to have to fight manually to use the cards.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 2:37:27 AM
I agree here, or if that doesn't work an option to greatly speed up the battle cinematic. Its fun the first 10 times, when your on turn 200 your over it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 4:23:21 AM
Stalker0 wrote:
I agree here, or if that doesn't work an option to greatly speed up the battle cinematic. Its fun the first 10 times, when your on turn 200 your over it.

To be fair, sometimes playing out the battle is desirable... usually if you don't know how things are going to match up, exactly and want to adapt your loadout based on what happens in earlier phases.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 8:45:57 AM
I would absolutely like that!!!! The auto mode nearly always fights very badly! I even lost ships when I was 10times stronger. And in a late game, where you have 50+ fleet fighting against each other, it gets veeeeeery tedious and boring to watch the cinematic fight again and again. Therefore I would absolutely LOVE to pre-assign battle cards for auto mode.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 2:52:50 PM
This is absolutely necessary. Autobattle should simply be a very fast manual battle that uses preselected battle cards.

Please.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 9:03:27 PM
Yes please, please, please, it will help me not upset the other players when i want to keep my

scout and use manual battle to retreat xP
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 3:21:42 PM
AtomSoldat wrote:
Yes please, please, please, it will help me not upset the other players when i want to keep my

scout and use manual battle to retreat xP

Quoted for Truth, hehe +1
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 11:43:16 PM
This has implicitly been suggested by skipping combat here: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12547-combat-fast-forward and implicitly in the linked suggestion here: /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13340-suggestion-after-cards-are-selected-skip-combat

This thread has been linked to the skip combat collection and is moved to the archives.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment