Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Starting Heroes

Starting Heroes Are Set. (Admin/Fin/Fleet)
Heroes Are Random Throughout Game. (As Now)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 3:17:56 PM
I would like this as one of my custom factions is a Black Thumb-Sower faction that lives and dies off their industry output so an Admin hero is pretty much necessary. Also I have a trade based faction which if it doesn't have a corporate on my largest planet suffers pretty big in competitiveness.

Though I do agree that in multiplayer games you really have to roll with the punches and play with the hand you've been dealt with. But seriously the RNG (randomness) of this game sometimes gets to me, especially when I spawn with no useful heroes, have only gas giants in my starting system and no habitable planet for 3-4 nodes away and I scout out my enemy's HQ with 4 terran planets?

*sigh*
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 12:23:46 PM
I say add game option to tick random/fixed heroes. Then everyone will be happy. People that don't want fixed don't check option, people that want check option.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 12:20:52 PM
I'm curious as to why the vote is so close (19-20 in favour of the status quo as of this post), I can't see the argument from a multiplayer perspective to not rig the hero allocation. I play single-player exclusively and usually couldn't give a penny-farthing about multiplayer but this seems like such a simple request that better balances a system which at present is entirely dependent on chance that the reasoning behind keeping the status quo is lost on me.

Frankly, rigging the first round of heroes (admin/fleet/other - with the special Emperor edition hero in this slot for single-player) followed by random replacement seems the best option. It prevents pure luck from giving a player a complete and unbalanced head-start on everybody else in the early game and introduces an element of chance slightly later in the game when a comparatively poor run of heroes won't totally sink your game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 6:52:15 AM
I also voted for fixed heroes. Without the +25 Industry bonus from admin heroes the system build up is very slow compared to another faction with this bonus.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 6, 2012, 3:46:46 PM
I voted for fixed starting heroes because of how strong the "Legendary Heroes" trait is with custom races. It seems that everyone is required to pick this in order to stand a chance in multi-player games. Fixed heroes would prevent overpowered starts like 3 administrative heroes while allowing players to explore strategies with the other hero types, i.e. corporate, commander, etc (although adventurer seems pretty bad to me so far in multiplayer)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 11:32:30 AM
shintsu wrote:
i rather see it as a racial option so that you are able to decide what kind of hero you get at the cost of some racial points if its really important to you

make it 5 for the first [total5] 10 for the second [total15] 15 for third [total30]?

actually that sounds like it makes sense...

or maybe first 10 [10] second 10 [20] third 10 [30]?

whatever i just wanna make sure i dont keep getting 3 guys with combos like fleet/corporate or industry/pilot.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 5:58:57 PM
i rather see it as a racial option so that you are able to decide what kind of hero you get at the cost of some racial points if its really important to you
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 10:20:54 AM
I know that heroes are random but would it be possible to have at least one Admin Hero and one Fleet Hero when you start a game?

Some players want an admin one to play well and others want a fleet one to lead their space armies to cruch everyone. In multiplayer this can mean a game needs to be restarted a few time till everyone gets what they want.....

Couldn't we have the first 3 heroes being set and the rest random. admin/finance/fleet

What do you think?

Arrew
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 3:33:04 PM
I'd like to see more heroes of my own race, personally. Seems I'm always getting random folks from the other races but rarely my own. Would be nice to have heroes pop up from the community they're fighting for, with maybe the occasional freelancer as opposed to the way it is now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:00:47 PM
RenegadePeon wrote:
Need a third option: Heroes do not spawn until pirates spawn.
Now that's gotta be fun when switching pirates off. smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 11:36:33 AM
I think that loosing throughout the game because you were unlucky with the first three hero lineup doesnt sound like much fun to me. And it is a game, it should be fun. I play for rapid expansion at the beginning. Without that hero my race are pretty much cripplied throughout the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 7:09:21 PM
That's right, you learn something from every game, even of you lose. You gain experience.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 10:46:11 AM
Not that I actually play multiplayer, but if that guy wants to restart for a better roll then he can find another game and stop being a child, playing a losing game can be just a fun as a winning one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 10:37:41 AM
But even if you dont use them someone you multiplay with might then you have to keep restarting... its annoying.

P.S. I am a hero glutton and have 5 for my current stratagy :s.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 10:27:22 AM
I voted for random, Because i find it funny how much faith people put in their heroes.

I rarely use more then 2.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 10:25:39 AM
imho starting should be admin/corporate (governor), fleet/pilot(space battle) , adventurer/corporate(invasion or trade). And emperor owners get endless hero as 3rd hero smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment