Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Graphical change: Change Beam weapons from pulses to lasers?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 9:55:34 PM
Firstly the science behind these beam weapons is flawed, a laser would travel instantly. But more importantly to differentiate between kinetic and beam weapons instead of little pulses the ships could fire lasers which connected the 2 ships and fired for a duration/increase in intensity based upon the number of lasers equipped. This would look better (IMO) than the current laser pulses and would stand out from the current projectile weapons.

This is a representation of what I mean:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 10:21:19 PM
Cannibalsnail wrote:
Firstly the science behind these beam weapons is flawed, a laser would travel instantly.]

If the designers started to care about respecting the physical laws, they would have to remake the entire battle system.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 10:41:47 PM
while i agree with the general that any game like this requires the suspension of disbelief i do also agree that continuous beams would help visually differentiate between the to weapon classes better. I'm pretty sure this point has been raise before on these forums. you might want to do a quick search and add your thoughts to the original thread.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment