Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

a simple and easy to do suggestion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:08:05 PM
I want to see how many turns a fleet has to do until it reaches a target (including of course enemy and neutral fleets)

ex: I see a pirate ship going to a system that belongs to me, i see that the pirate fleet has 2 movement but i dont know how many turns will have to pass until it reaches my system.

This is very important because i can move my fleets in time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 1:45:31 AM
I am not sure I agree that you should be able to see enemy ships turns, maybe if you had very much better technology. Anyway you can see the distance it moves between two turns and figure it out pretty accurately.

For your own ships its somewhat visible on the dots of the route, even if it is not a number, you can count how many turns it takes.

So today you can either estimate the time and send your ships in or send them in ahead of time. So I do not agree that its very important to get this done. There are other things that is much more needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 3:25:48 AM
You can already see their speed, there's absolutely no reason why distance and therefore ETA shouldn't be available. The movement UI is rather lacking right now, hopefully they take another pass at it and add distance and ETA for all owned and detected fleets (and systems you're hovering on with a fleet selected), something that every other turn-based (and often even realtime) strategy game shows when you have every other relevant piece of information available.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 8:59:33 AM
Would be great, The data is there, but I aggree with Siderius , enemy movement shouldn't be available, only own fleets should be visible with ETA in turns
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 9:02:06 AM
Actually - If you can detect an enemy vessel you should be able to calculate their estimated time till destination (that is when they'll touch down on the next system - not their entire flightplan)

So I agree that both "sides" should have ETA's - except enemy ETA's should only reveal their next "node" when travelling.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 2:17:48 PM
Mansen wrote:
Actually - If you can detect an enemy vessel you should be able to calculate their estimated time till destination (that is when they'll touch down on the next system - not their entire flightplan)

So I agree that both "sides" should have ETA's - except enemy ETA's should only reveal their next "node" when travelling.

What about showing ETA only the turn after you detected them? Then you see their current movement, instead of directly when you first detected them?

I am also impressed they can be discovered when traveling through a wormhole. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment