Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Colonizable moons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 7:09:34 PM
I've played this game a lot, and i'm really impressed by its quality. Howeaver, one aspect of the game has disappointed me: moons. I don't know why this aspect isn't developed, but it should. Moons are not only ''useless rocks'', as the surveys often reveal. They may have mineral riches, ice, life and whatever we can imagine.

What I propose is that the moons should have various types and be colonizable, just like planets, so that they could be exploited and all. Also, there should have the possibility of planets (specially gas giants) to have more than one moon, which could also improve their FIDS, besides being a realistic aspect. After all, who would like to live in a gas giant where there's the possibility to live in one of its moons?

I hope that you agree with my view of thi aspect of the game, because I trully believe these changes would make the game more immersive and complex, and therefore better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 12:15:26 AM
Moons are paired with planets and there are many improvements that can make them very useful to your empire.

But I would love to see some surface development of moons with city lights and such.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 12:37:06 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Moons are paired with planets and there are many improvements that can make them very useful to your empire.

But I would love to see some surface development of moons with city lights and such.
I'd love to see heavily trafficked roads and airways too.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 1:13:08 AM
Igncom1 wrote:

Everyone knows that there are some improvements which are made for the moons, but this should be developed into a more complex system to make moons more usefull, as i've stated before.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 1:19:30 AM
general_bulgarvski wrote:
Everyone knows that there are some improvements which are made for the moons, but this should be developed into a more complex system to make moons more usefull, as i've stated before.

Indeed, but at what point does this level of detail begin to drag a player down into micromanagement?

Also at what point does not having a moon become a severe disadvantage vs a system that does?

But in my post, /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12800-orbital-entrenchment-upgrades. I also propose upgrades that would affect moons, possibly more then I have actually suggested depending on their presence.

Do you have any suggestions towards what you describe? like additional resources and an addition to system FIDS right off the bat? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 11:58:04 AM
Though I like the idea, don't you think that moon are just another planets in the system?

Unless we make moons unlike any planet. I mean what we can to do with some moon we can't do with any planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 3:39:54 AM
Moons are already increadibly useful with the right improvements.

They provide:

+3 food per person

+3 dust per person

+1 person.

That is huge value. Now I wouldn't mind a few more, but I don't think they need a massive change like colonization.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment