Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Visible Weapon Mounts/Hatches

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:00:54 AM
First off let me apologize if this is a duplicate post, a quick search turned up no matches so I think its a first.

Ok that aside here are my thoughts, and maybe I am just being nit picky so feel free to point it out if I am. We have these grand looking ships slugging it out, but all the weapons fire which should be emanating from equally grand gun batteries just appear on the side and shoot out.

My idea is that ships have gun turrets for the kinetic and energy based weapons and hatches that house the missile based systems, sort of like how submarines on earth have tubes with hatches covering them.

I think it would add some polish to the game, it would look great when the camera pans down the sides of the fleet you can see the batteries firing salvo after salvo into the enemy fleet, as well as missile hatches blowing open as large groups of missiles take flight and streak for the enemy.

Like I said before maybe I have been playing to much eve online and sword of the stars but there’s my idea, for what its worth. In put is all ways welcome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 5:56:46 AM
I have always supported greater visual effects detail on ship models during combat, and I believe it's on their todo list, albeit of lower priority.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 12:03:58 AM
I understand that it wouldn't be first thing on the to do list just so long as its on the list, you know what i mean.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment