Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Warp Exclusive Systems

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 10:12:03 AM
The title should be fairly explanatory.

Preface: A big part of this game is the exploration, becoming moreso with the recent G2G vote. When you start you're restricted to your constellation, then you get the ability to travel between constellations from one set destination to another (eventually changing that to allow you to travel from one set destination to any other set destination in your control) and finally you get the ability to traverse the abyss of space "unfettered" by standard travel methods.

The only problem being that on any sane map, one that isn't custom generated with hundreds of systems, by the time you get to warp and have engines which can use it effectively the game is already over and there isn't much left to explore or colonise. Warp simply becomes an occasional annoyance when used against you, depending on your galaxy settings that can change.

Argument: Besides the obvious the addition of systems like this would have a whole raft of potential positive effects on gameplay, as well as justifying the existence of influence.

Scenario A: It is mid game and I've finally gotten warp so I get to that lone star system in the fog of war off to my right. I get there and, much to my annoyance, it is in another sphere of influence.

Scenario B: My technological advancement/faction technology means that I'm the first to achieve warp, all I have to do now is travel to and colonise these disparate systems and I'll secure a good powerbase for a few dozen turns!

Etc.

Implementation: In a perfect world of well balanced, evenly distributed and yet random looking galaxy generation there would be perhaps:

1 for Tiny

2 for Small

etc.

I've been toying with this idea for a while but haven't been able to get it to work with the current generation of galaxy editors available to modders.

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15807-unconnected-planets
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment