Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiplayer balancing

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 8:06:55 AM
My notes about MP experince and what can be done to improve it.

1. Option to restrict match to standard factions only.

2. Custom factions balancing. Right now there are numerous ways to create unstoppable forces. Most common one: Sowers affinity, black thumbs ---, merchants +++, blockade breaker, anything else on your choice. Result? On 30 turn you have 3000 strong fleet.

3. Cheater factions (all traits on) bug removed.

4. Improved server connections. Top priority for me smiley: smile

5. Private chat.

6. Make blockade breaker benefitial not only to the player who has the trait, but also to the faction, which is parasited on.

7. Player tracking - his reliability, ping and experience and so on, as suggested on these forums already.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:17:51 PM
I like these ideas and points.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:43:04 PM
Monphat wrote:
My notes about MP experince and what can be done to improve it.

1. Option to restrict match to standard factions only.

2. Custom factions balancing. Right now there are numerous ways to create unstoppable forces. Most common one: Sowers affinity, black thumbs ---, merchants +++, blockade breaker, anything else on your choice. Result? On 30 turn you have 3000 strong fleet.

3. Cheater factions (all traits on) bug removed.

4. Improved server connections. Top priority for me smiley: smile

5. Private chat.

6. Make blockade breaker benefitial not only to the player who has the trait, but also to the faction, which is parasited on.

7. Player tracking - his reliability, ping and experience and so on, as suggested on these forums already.

For future reference, check the rules concerning idea/suggestion posts. The mods prefer one idea/suggestion per thread. As for your points:

1.) A nice idea.

2.) The create-a-faction tool is being worked on, I'm sure. Abilities will be tweaked, and balance will be found, however I'm sure people will still find optimal builds that will give them vast advantages over the standard factions.

3.) This is a big/exploit and has been reported.

4.) They're working on connectivity issues, as seen on the Progress page of the ES website http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Progress

5.) Steam already supplies a handy chat feature.

6.) Not sure what you mean, here.

7.) If already suggested, why suggest it again?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 15, 2012, 4:47:30 PM
Moved to the archives as a composite suggestion.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment