Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Bird's-Eye view: See the entire Galaxy with Systems, Territory, Cosmic Lanes

Yes, it would benefit the game to see all Systems, Territory, and Lanes at once.
No, it would be unnecessary.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 4:36:04 PM
Endless Space is a beautiful game and the galaxy at maximum zoom-out is always a sight to see.

However, I find it a bit claustrophobic that there is no way to get a true eye-in-the-sky, strategic view of the entire Galaxy including Systems, Cosmic Lanes, and colored Territory areas.

I understand most of the UI elements would not fit at this level of zoom, but it IS possible to see the entire galaxy - it must be possible to also color in just those three things mentioned above. I feel these additions would be of great benefit when planning your larger strategy.

Do you agree that this would benefit the game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 5:14:38 PM
I totally agree, I always feel frustrated when zooming out and everything disappear on the map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 5:51:23 PM
The maps are never big enough to really make this a concern.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 6:02:56 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
The maps are never big enough to really make this a concern.

Really? I'm currently playing on a Medium galaxy and I can only fit, at most, 2/3 of it on screen. And that's at 1080p resolution.

I'd love to play a larger galaxy but I couldn't imagine having to constantly scroll around to see anything.

The final two zoom-levels provide no useful information whatsoever. They're pretty, but useless.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 8:05:08 PM
Then scroll.

A strategic map featuring the information for every star system under your control would quickly become clutters and unusable.

Borders should however be viable from that height, as well should system construction tickers.

Personally I would love if when players control an entire cluster of stars it would gain a province name, signifying imperial control over an entire region of mapped space.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 8:21:02 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
A strategic map featuring the information for every star system under your control would quickly become clutters and unusable.

dontnormally wrote:
I understand most of the UI elements would not fit at this level of zoom

Systems, Cosmic Lanes, and colored Territory areas are all that would be needed - no other information.

I can't imagine a leader in the history of the universe without the ability to see the entire picture at some level of fidelity.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 8:29:37 PM
Well this is space, its kinda big.

But that does seem fair enough reason.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 10:50:44 PM
Also, sorry (mods) if this suggestion thread is in the wrong place... My newness to the forum is showing (I'm a supporter since Alpha, though!).

Feel free to move to the "Game Design Proposal" forum is that is where it should be.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment