Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Showing the trade routes on the map.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 7:12:52 PM
I think it would be great if you could see convoys of tiny ships, much smaller than you smallest ones, travelling along the trade routes you've established. It would give you a nice view of where they are going and it would add ton of life to the game. I'd also like a button to highlight the routes so you can get a complete overview of all the trading in on view.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:30:17 PM
I have to second this notion. Trade routes are unnoticeable at least for me, a new player. Adding this visual would help alot in clarifying things, which is almost never a bad thing to do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 5:20:02 PM
I was going to make this suggestion, but seems other people have the same awsome ideas I do. Yes, little ships traveling along the trade routes would be a great touch because they will most likely be very small and won't require a lot of heavy modeling, plus it adds some really nice ambience to the galaxy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 5:16:33 PM
That would be great. Only problem that might arise is if the trade routes exist along the same route, if that makes sense - several planetary connections moving along the same route would make it hard to distinguish the individual details (i.e. which two planets are actually connected!).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 2:54:24 PM
Trade routs wuld be a nice optical feature, one could even implement raiding them for profit along the rout, rather then just blocking it on a system invasion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 1:37:28 PM
I would love for this idea to be implemented. There was something like this in Total War series. The more busy the trade route more little ships going to and fro... And of course raiding... *sigh* A dream came true... smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 11:39:32 AM
This could also alleviate some of the confusion re: trade routes for newer players. They are flying under the radar, having a visual representation would be fantastic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 1:29:33 PM
I'd love to see this happen, I've only been playing since the free weekend and I don't fully understand how trade routes work. The last game I played only one of my system had trade routes active, and it was the system furthest from anywhere with no direct contact with allied systems, at the very back of my constellation. It was not my home world, nor did it have a hero. All other systems had trade routes available but were 0/X, and the whole galaxy was uncovered.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 3:15:48 PM
Even just a simple map that you can bring up in the diplomacy screen that showed you your trade lanes would be awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 1:41:18 AM
I would like this as well even if it was as simple and as background as just having the strings get a bit bigger and are different colors for different trade routes per race
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment