Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The TimCORP Mod. (The very first mod :))

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:59:35 PM
shadowdonavan wrote:
Sounds amazing so far! Keep up the good work

Thanks! Yeah, i will try, but i won't be fleshing the mod out just yet, until the core game is more fleshed out smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:30:07 PM
Hunterlord wrote:
I hope all works out for you. This looks like it would be extremely fun.

And it will be. If they actully go with the steam workshop tool then that's a + for me, but i can make it without smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 10:51:32 AM
Lulloser wrote:
His Starfarer Mod is great! smiley: biggrin

And i hope that it'll be the same for this game. I won't give up the mod, ever smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 12:35:33 PM
I agree that this sounds like a powergaming faction. All these OP traits need some great disadvantage to balance the "race" out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:28:48 AM
oenoes wrote:
I don't know, it's a cool idea, but they're basically a jack-of-all-trades powergaming faction without any memorable or cool drawbacks, something that makes them unique or flavourful. I read the ability list and they just sound like ordinary humans on powerjuice. And I dislike the name :P A corporation is not really a race.

Well, it doesn't sound like a race, but that's my full intention.

The race itself is subtle, and very much like Mr Burns from the simpsons, in the terms of acting in shadows smiley: wink

Also, the TimCORP are a race in several other locations aswell, and they are a seperate race; they just don't call themselves as a race smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:01:26 AM
I don't know, it's a cool idea, but they're basically a jack-of-all-trades powergaming faction without any memorable or cool drawbacks, something that makes them unique or flavourful. I read the ability list and they just sound like ordinary humans on powerjuice. And I dislike the name :P A corporation is not really a race.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:24:20 PM
Yeah!!

Ofcourse, I need to lurk around the games core files to find where I can put my stuff in.

smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:37:33 PM
So, i know this is all very early, and the game hasen't even been released in an playable state (But i hope it will be soon smiley: smile) and i still decided to go with this.

I don't know how it is going to be doable, but since major parts of the code are in C#, it's going to be somewhat easy, since i know that language quite well, actully.

With the introduction over, let me present to you: The TimCORP Empire.

So, here's some lore of the mod. Really, it's just plainly lore.

"This is battlegroup delta, cores have been seized and prisoners taken. Returning home to base, over."

"Roger that, battlegroup delta. Welcome back to battlestation Arnious. Had any troubles on the way?"

"Aye, we've had troubles. The heavy cruiser "TCN Deltacom" Has had it's engine assembly rammed by a paragon. It's on tow here, over."

"Roger that, admiral. Proceed to docking bay D18, over."

"Copy that, command." Leo was unpleased with the mission results. He had hoped to bring the entire paragon back home, but since that damn independent had crashed his plan, he had to statisfy himself with the powercores only.

"We're approaching docking-bay D18, sir."

"Roger that, helmsman. Bring her in for repairs."

"Aye, sir." The helmsman responded. He effortlessley piloted the heavy cruiser "TCN Antonia" into docking-bay D18. It was clear from the first sight that he was very experienced with his job.

Good god, that station is a monster She thought while she carefully piloted her little shuttle out of sensor range. It was true, the station was the largest station in this sector. It was armed with enough weaponry to take on three full Hegemony SDFs at a time. And as if that wasen't enough, it could dock battleships-class ships in it's enoromous hangars.

But her crew was held prisoners onboard that station. And she had to save them.

While the ship was in for drydock reparirs, an young station offical approached him.

"Admiral, the chief-in-command wishes to see you onboard the station bridge." He told him.

"Tell him i'll be there soon." He took the short tramway ride to bridge and, before entering, always corrected the uniform.

The doors opened, but not in the conventional fashion, no. They opend by sliding up into the roof of the doors, which was quite a nifty feature.

The bridge itself was the largest of the TimCORP battlestations. It was approximatley 100 meters across, and was filled with holo-screen terminals. At the center of the bridge, near the main viewport, stood the commanders holo-screen, and chair, which was coated in syntax-leather, the finest material that existed.

"Admiral, thank you for coming so soon." A man stood up from the chair and approached the admiral, presumably to shake hands with him.

He was not much taller than Leo, only a few inches taller, but he presented an attitude which was common amongst TimCORP commanders.

"My pleasure." He shook hands with him, and he had a steadfast handshake.

"As you may know, there has been reports of several fleets that have been destroyed in this very system. By an fleet much smaller than theirs. This included the loss of Fleet Admiral Andreios, which was highly unpleaseant."

That was true, and he knew it from the battlereports.

All that they stated was that their battlefleets had gotten decimated by a much smaller fleet, often usually in scouting size.

"But sir, we've encountered such a fleet - and destroyed it!"

"Anyway, the fleet commander was indentified as a certain Elizabeth Taylor. Her records show that she had been in the hegemony military for some years before she decided to go solo. She was highly respectable, but she decided to go alone for unkown reasons. Glory, perhaps, but we can't say for sure."

"But sir.... we nearly caught her."

"And? What happend?"

"Well.... She shot one of the officers, and then escaped the paragon. We have no idea where she's now, but wh have her crew in custody, sir."

"Exellent. Execute them immediately." He said, coldly, without any expression. As it was expected from a high-ranking TimCORP officer.

"Sir?"

"Or no, wait. Transport them to a prison planet, where they can support us with labor."

"Right. And what about her?"

"She'll come to us. It's just a matter of time. Your dismissed form the bridge, admiral."

"Yes sir." He walked out with a pleased smile on his face.

Damn, what was i thinking? She thought silently. She had somehow made it into the largest TimCORP station in the sector without getting noticed. And now she had no clue as to where to go.

She was in transit-bay 05, one of the major transportation bays in the station. Pepole where transported in dozens of thousands every hour here. But then she caught a glimpse of something. A TimCORP patrol, with prisoners, nothing uncommon, if it wheren't for the man who she saw first. Her second in command.

She quickly made up a plan and took out here trusty plasma rifle, which she had stolen.

And jumped in one of the sidewalks on the station. She reconed the area, and noticed that there where about 6 soldeirs and two officers in the area.

And then she noticed something even worse. Her face was all over the newsfeeds. She was classed as a high-risk criminal who must be stopped at any cost nessecary.

Suddenly one of the officers in that group caught a glimpse of her face, even though she had a robe on. He instantly recognised her, and who could blame him? It was him she had shot during the boarding action in the paragon.

"You there, stop!" He yelled. The soldiers immidiately started running in her direction, at which point she took her plasma rifle up and shot one of them in the stomach. Unfortunately, eh didn't even flinch, as that personal shield of theirs is quite effective. She took to run into one of the corridoors of the main hallways, which was quite big, and found an open vent. Not large, she once again coulden't o much but hang from the ceiling.

Oh boy, is this getting repetetive. She thought.

Meanwhile, at the chief-in-commands office...

"They've found her??"

"Yes sir, she is in transportation hub 05."

"Send more units. Now!! Tell them to open fire on sight."

"Yes sir, at once sir."

She hung 5 meters from the ground while the patrols passed beneath her. She coulden't even breath, becuase if she did, they surley would find her.

When the last patrol had passed, she jumped down and started running towards the transporatation hub.

But unknown to her, the CEO of the TImCORP was about to make an visit to the battlestation.......

Yes, i did write it completley by myself. And it's about the TimCORP and an independent captain named Liz.

And some stats for the faction itself here smiley: smile

(I have no art for it since i suck at making art >.<, would love if someone could make some concept art, and a 3D modeler for this mod, since i'm even worse with 3D models.)

The Faction

Race: TimCORP

Background: Ancient starfarers from many other galaxies, they have been travelling space since humanity was in the cradle of birth. While humanity was in the industrial revolution, the TimCORP where unlocking many secret technologies while they where in the long war between them and an other faction, which they won over. Cruel, smart, and brutal, they won't be shy to use every means nessecary to decimate their opponents, but thos who are clever enough to for alliances with them will find that they gain more than they wanted, if they are of worth to the TimCORP.

Affinity: Quick Reactions: They react extremly quickly to anything they see as a threat or something that needs to be taken care of (Grants extra fleet speeds (including warp) when in a war with other factions)

Visual: Args! I don't have the sufficent skills to draw something nicley smiley: frown (I need an artist.)

Visual in words: They look like your ordinary human, expect for that they are slightly taller, and their genetic codes are different from humans. The genetic code difference is used by TimCORP biological weapons to identify a viable enemy host, which means that TimCORP biological weapons can be used on TimCORP planets, since the virus won't kill TimCORP pepole.

Traits:

Scientists: their technology gives them huge advantages. +30% in science per system. Cost: 45 points.

Businessmen: They gain +10% dust per starsystem. Cost: 15 points.

Militarists: Their need to test everything trice takes twice the amount of resources nessecary. Gives them also better ships.. +20% Industry cost for ship production. Cost: -8 points.

Strong Alloys: Their ships use special material for construction. Makes them incredibly durable. +30% max hp/ship. Cost: 20 points.

Diplomats: Grants them better understandings with other factions. +25% ai positive behavior.

-25% ai negative behavior. (With ai)

+25% dust per trade route with players.

Terraformed planet: The homeplanet starts out with bad soil. Cost: -5.

Builders (negaive) +10% industry cost for system improvements and planetary infrastructures when being constructed. Cost: -4

Optimal Structure: The improved bulheads of ships leave little room for cargo. -10% storage per ship. Cost: -5

Masters of destruction: -25% industry cost on weapons mods. Cost: 10

Total points: 74

Should be pretty resonable, right? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 11:57:33 AM
Avan wrote:
Hi upgradecap (yes, its Avan from Starfarer). Looks like I may have found yet another game to distract myself with. smiley: wink

Awesome. I presume you'll be playing this mod once it comes out?

smiley: biggrin

Also, sinc i already have two 3D models to work with, i'm making progress smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:42:29 AM
Hi upgradecap (yes, its Avan from Starfarer). Looks like I may have found yet another game to distract myself with. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 28, 2012, 7:46:44 PM
And now we have a forum of ourselves aswell smiley: smile

You can find it here

Everything posted there will be of latest date. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 8:45:52 PM
Upgradecap wrote:
So what are your opinions on this idea? Bad? Good? inbetween? smiley: biggrin

I think it sounds like fun. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:50:45 PM
Now, if it weren't for my horrible skills with 3D and art, i would have gotten working on some concepts for ships.

I need either an 3D artist or i need to learn to work with 3D.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:47:31 PM
My ninja skills can't compete with those of sharidann (or should we say sharingan ?).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:46:23 PM
I should, and i did smiley: smile

Anyways, this is just backup in case the devs already have the factions ironed out. And this will have a very different artstyle smiley: wink

Atleast that's what i think.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:44:09 PM
Good !

Shouldn't you have posted in the Official faction creation competition ?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment