Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Begginer Modders

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 1:49:47 AM
Since the devs have made it very clear that modding will be a big part of this project I think it would be cool to set up some kind of group so that more people can learn the tough stuff. So I imagine that a lot of people really want to get into modding and need a boost for the start. As more information is released I think that as a group it would be easier to communicate and chat with common problems and wants. Anyone want to join in a steam group?

*Endless Space Modders, (Ecaps)* On steam now
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 3:25:15 AM
Hey before you put too much work into that make sure that its needed. I think we should push for a steam workshop thing to keep it simple and might save you a lot of time. I will be throwing the steam group together tomorrow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 8:24:41 PM
I am inexperienced with making mods but good at putting mods in place. So if I could learn that would be great. And also I support this steam group idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 11:11:45 PM
Yeh! a group would be a good idea for modder's to collaborate and FYI there is a group already within this forum. I am not familiar with the Steam workshop, how does it work?

Satrack wrote:
Sure, sign me up!

PS: I'm already working towards a mod installation manger.

Sounds good, I would be very interested in how you will be able to create the asset files for any artwork you want to put in. I have been doing a little research on this and to my knowledge you can only do this with Unity, but I have no idea how to incorporate it in game with the other asset files yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 5:48:11 PM
Yeah, I was going to say you might start looking at Unity. The team will probably have to make more settings available via files before we can mod too much (Unity encodes all the assets of a game when it creates it's build).
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment