Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Race ideas

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 3:52:32 PM
I had a dream the other night, no doubt induced by playing this great game a long while, and its given me a great idea for a race to play as. So far in my play throughs it has been endless wars, it's always a rush for the biggest and best, I end up battling everyone in what feels like an endless wave of evil. I have found it frustrating and heaps of fun. I understand that the AI will be tweaked more and balancing issues dealt with, but battling galaxies of evil has given me a good idea about a new race to counter the ideals of evil and their races. I apologize for the random placing of ideas and lacking grammar.

Lately in my games I've RPed a bit and confronted evil races with an ultra orthodox, fundamental, and overzealously enforced rule: Eradication without hesitation. Destroy evil and its foundation wherever it is housed. A one time offer of peace, protection, and the vow to end all inter species suffering, is given to each race. Unless they join, they will be counted among many to be brought to extinction. Not an original idea in the least but adds a fun play through.

They could have a religious center. it even seems more likely a religious or theist based space faring race could develop such an outlook and a drive to cleanse the stars. But it seemed limiting to box them into the fundy setting.

Now they aren't complete fools, it is understood that the eradication of evil from the galaxy is a long and difficult path, likely to take a couple thousand years and a constant state of war. A massive war machine designed to confront the hoard of evil with unrelenting force, mirrored only by evil itself. An endless war really. Clearing the galaxy of anyone who doesn't fall in line is not easy! Even a pacifist race could find themselves on the receiving end if they refused to join. I think that is what would be expected if they joined, contribute to the war machine with troops and tech.

The ultimate goal of peace, without any form of evil race, is far off and seemingly unrealistic to many. I imagine many would be reluctant to join this band of galaxy clearing ultra boy scouts, who show no remorse for what could be argued as pure evil acts of mass genocide and extinction of whole races.

I always played as hew-mons when RPing like this. I just love their ships.

I posted this in the mod area so that maybe some modders or anyone who creates a race pack for this fun game could see this thread for race ideas and gameplay features. I'll be posting here from time to time with new race ideas and I welcome anyone else who may want to throw out ideas to join in.

A final thank you to the developers and amplitude on the beginning of a great game and laying a awesome foundation for a strong and devoted community.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 5:41:40 PM
But.. but they will stop when there is no more evil.... right guys? :-P Yeah, they are harsh. But I'd rather join up with them compared to our other evil races.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:11:34 AM
Honestly, I'd love a feature to create my own sub-race of a race. I like the ship designs of the United Empire, but I just want to do more with the group.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:30:57 PM
Customization is an essential part of 4x games imho... the more ways to create your very own personalized race, ships etc. - the better
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 10:54:13 PM
Honestly? It sounds like you created the Nazis. They also believed they were out to eradicate evil.

You can't eliminate evil by becoming evil.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 12:09:14 AM
The commies werent better smiley: wink

Now that you mentioned the nazis they are really very similar to his idea smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment