Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Translation Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
Hi there, i'm kinda new to the whole "modding thing" but i want to translate the game and a dev said that it would be possible through mods (for unsupported languages).

So i was wandering : where a "really newbie" of modding should start for doing such thing ?

Any help it's welcome smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 9:16:01 AM
In all honesty I would wait till the beta phase when I suspect more modding options will be available and less re-work will be need from anything started now.

That said if all you want is a language translation find the file \steamapps\common\endless space\Public\Localization\

Under that you will see the English folder and a file called Localization_Locales.xml. Start translating that xml file's "localization pair" entries to the language of your choice. Hell if you get done in time might was well send it on to the dev team, will have saved them some work. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 11:52:24 AM
Geez, all by myself translate ALL of that it would be a problem but i guess it worth a try, but maybe i'll wait if i can catch "a dev" and ask if it's possible to make "something official".

Because it's all small sentences, but there are thousands of them ! smiley: biggrin

By the way, thanks for the information.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 1:44:57 PM
I'm already in contact with DannyD, that's why i wanted to know some "basic information" about modding, because i'm a total newbie in that sector.

Beside that i really hope that the game will got the italian language nativly :P
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 8:50:40 AM
That's nice but be careful since it's still an alpha some lines could change !
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment