First of all i'm not a modder, i'd like but my spare time is too short and my ability with PCs doesn't include programming stuff BUT i'm a huge fan of Star Trek and i saw that a lot of people (in the mod suggestion thread) are asking for it.

So i think it would be helpfull for whoever CAN and WANT to do this huge mod to have a "starting point".

Somewhere to check for new ideas or just to see what other players actually would love to see in that mod.

Now i'd see few "easy" stuff like the Races and the tech trees (i'm not telling that it would be a short thing to do but, by seeing other mods i'd say that adding this stuf should be easy)

Than there would be some hard stuff to add, like the possibility to choose a "canon" game with pre-made alliances (the united federations of planets will include all the federal races, the klingons might have the STO alliance wich includes Gorn and Nausican, than there would be the Cardassian+Changeling, etc..) or a "free to play" where you can be a Klingon allied with a Jem'Hadar

The Mod for the sake of a fast (but good) release could start with 3 or 4 races organized in 2 factions.

For example by taking the DS9 saga (just as example) we could take a faction composed by Humans and Klingons and a faction composed by Cardassians and Changeling\Jem'Hadar.

Than it could be added Romulans, Vulcans, Ferengi, etc.

and many many things that i can't actually write right now because there are too many things that it would be great to added in a mod like that.

Well.. thats it. (for now)

p.s.

I don't know if this thread will be lost in this forum or what, but i think that it might be helpfull to gather all the ideas.

I'll try to arrange this first post (thrught quotes, codes and spoilers) in "things to do" "things not to do" things easy to do" etc.. to help the cause !

p.p.s.

of course if there is another similar thread that i didn't find with the forum search i apologize and i hope a mod will move this thread as a reply to that thread.

Regards.

Ther0