Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Question before trying

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 2:22:44 AM
I'd like to make a mod where invasions work very quickly and destructively (invasions always take 1 turn, but reduce the population and destroy improvements, possibly sometimes causes a bad terraform result like terraform to lava), the chance of destruction based on the current population of the world...

At the same time I'd like a hull type called 'Starbase' which gives incredible tonnage and cost discounts (like -80% tonnage and -80% cost) to all equipment, but the Starbase ship (or any fleet containing a starbase ship) cannot move to a new system.

Would that be possible with the current mod structure?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:24:02 AM
Well I finally got around to trying out a Starbase style ship. And it works but... once you get the traverse space without using connected lanes technology, the starbases can move around... grumble

and there is some werid targetting problem, it might have just been the hull I used, but despite packing in 50+ missiles and lasers, the damn thing barely had any offense punch. It was firing a max of 5 missiles not 50. Not sure what is happening
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 4:07:19 AM
So the starbases can move around in normal space, but that's kind of slow, so that may not be so bad... you could build a killer fleet that moves slowly.

The second problem is more problematical.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 5:34:51 AM
Heh, it doesn't actually move until you get one mid lvl tech. Issue is while its very esay to prevent movement apparently, that tech applies a non standard method of movement which ignores my code change. And I'm sure the second issue is related to the hull type. Figure out which hull of all the alien techs is sorta space station like xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 11:10:57 PM
It is possible that the dev team will come to answer questions about modding. But, it is unlikely that they will find questions buried in threads. I recommend you make a new thread in modding with a title like "how to prevent starbases from moving with warp?"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 4:25:38 AM
Well I fixed the warp problem I believe, however, I still can't seem to kill movement on wormholes since its instant... and I still can't figure out what controls the max weapons discharge per hull. It definitely varies per hull. I think there is something missing, something that isn't inside the assest17 file. Idk /hate
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 10:20:08 AM
GC3 should indeed rename the title of this thread, please.

We don't need XX threads with a name like this.

Iblise, have you also "killed" the possibility for ships with the "+X movement for fleet" bonuses, or leaders, to make your starbases able to move?

I was planning to include starbases in my mod (with 0 move).

But I must also prevent fleet move bonuses.

And was thinking also about fighters, 0 movement tiny ships but with a container ship to provide its fleet move bonus and make them movable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 1:53:31 PM
Only mods can rename threads. The OP has asked multiple questions, I recommend a new thread for the discussion of ship movement rather than renaming this one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 9:57:25 AM
a mod where invasions work very quickly and destructively (invasions always take 1 turn, but reduce the population and destroy improvements, possibly sometimes causes a bad terraform result like terraform to lava), the chance of destruction based on the current population of the world

I don't know yet is this one is possible.

I haven't seen anything related to the invasion rules in the XML file.

I mean that the invasion works automatically by opposing invasion power to the defense of the star system.

I have planned to work on all levers of invasion power, or all levers of star system defense, but haven't seen yet any way to work on the "rule" itself.

Things like this could "maybe" happen with Events, possibly one which will check every star system that has an invasion fleet, or an ownership of 0 % (just conquered), maybe.

This sounds drastic though.

Otherwise, surely others know better, but my own word on it would be "doesn't sound like something possible".
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment