Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Adding Race Creation Points

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 5:42:54 AM
How difficult would this be? I occassionally get the craving to make an uber race for to reasons and I was wondering if it would be a simple value change, or more complex (I cannot download large files, so I am trying to do it myself).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 8:36:08 AM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 3:49:09 PM
This work on multiplayer? can we still go on multiplayer with this active? Not in an 'I want to kill random people' kind of way but a 'I want to have "fun" with my friends' way. If not, is there a way? Or is that cheating?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 3:54:27 PM
The game has an exploit, where the xml is not checked for editing. However, if you do this it is cheating, and probably nobody will play with you again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 4:38:39 PM
I am not doing this for multiplayer. I play single player only. Anyway, I tried doing it but the game stops on the endless space screen and stops loading. All I did was change the cost of one trait to a 1. What do I need to do to make it work? I added a space at the end of the line, but I gues that is not enough as it won't load. Also, now the asset file has gotten weird and I can no longer edit it, and since the game will not load i cannot play. Any avice?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 6:13:04 PM
What program did you use to edit it? Also look if the game is really closed, since you may be unable to edit the file due it is still in use.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 7:30:17 PM
I was using notepad, but I Am guessing that won't work. I gues XML is different. I am downloading notepad ++ now. Will that work? I also restored the asset file from a backup, so ES works now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 11:06:41 PM
So cost is the starting points you get from custom with that race"Sophon". I edited with editpad lite and it worked. Hope that helps.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 28, 2012, 2:24:35 AM
I never advise people to edit config files for a game because if you don't know what you're doing, you can set it up to crash and/or run extreamly slow. Not to mention, the developers would definitely frown on it.

That being said, I think a MOD that allows you to alter the create-race points is a good idea (an idea I had before entering this forum). If it is a MOD, you would not be able to play in multiplayer, so it would not be cheating and you would not have to edit any files. If only I knew how to create a MOD.....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 28, 2012, 3:23:51 PM
Today, the only way to create a mod is to edit the binary files. Soon, you will be able to change the xml without binary editing. The information on how to do this is already in this forum.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 11:20:56 PM
davea wrote:
Today, the only way to create a mod is to edit the binary files. Soon, you will be able to change the xml without binary editing. The information on how to do this is already in this forum.

So in what thread is this shown? I searched but didn't find anything helpful in about 10 minutes and then I was distracted by shiny things.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 1:36:51 AM
davea wrote:
Post #2 in this thread actually contains the complete instruction. Here is some background:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15664-how-to-mod-more-than-the-easy-xml-files.

The overall thread has some interesting flaming going on, but this particular post also shows some exact instructions:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15658-modding-questions

Thank you!!! Perfectly explained the information I needed.

Edit: I am getting an odd bug now. I cannot manually fight battles only auto resolve. If I try to go into a manual battle, the game refuses to load the fight and just sits there. The game doesn't freeze because I can still press escape and load an auto save.

Edit 2: Uh, ok it fixed itself.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment