Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Race Icons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 28, 2012, 2:19:46 PM
Icons? Don't know if that's the right word - what I mean is the pic that appears in the selection stage, to represent that race (for example the beardy Human guy and so on).

Anyway......is there a way to replace these images with ones of your own choice? There's plenty of material out there on the net, from which to choose, but the initial question is whether it's possible to import these graphics and use them as replacements for the supplied generics.

My personal preference in selecting a race to play usually starts with the Imperial/Human choice but tailored to suit some thing a bit more specific. Coming from a background of playing the dice and paper RPG Traveller/MegaTraveller I would go either for one of the bigger racial groups such as Darrians, Solomani or Zhodani, or one of the smaller factions such as the Reavers or the Principality of Caledon. I have a shedload of suitable images of individuals to use for these races, none of whom resemble Beardy Human (except for being human). For example, I am just dying

to let this guy loose on the galaxy.

Any ideas, folks?

Alan S.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 28, 2012, 3:22:55 PM
There is no known way to add/change graphics today. The first modding release will allow changing the xml, but it will also not allow add/change of graphics. It is possible somebody can hack into the binary files. I am sure the dev team will allow add/change of graphics eventually.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 28, 2012, 6:01:30 PM
That's fair enough davea. It's no biggie, I just like customising. Always have, ever since my terminally psychotic orang utang used to go rampaging around the landscape of "Black and White" sporting my local football team's badge......
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:35:42 AM
I also thought of this right when I got into race creation! I am sure it is something they will implement in the future as a simple change in picture can mean a lot to the experience. Anyway I'm loving the game! This is my first 4x game and they have got a new fan.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment