Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Sdk ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 4, 2012, 8:41:51 PM
So quick question here, i just read and read a lot smiley: biggrin to find out it won't be possible to make changes to the 3D Models or Textures of Endless Space, because of the Encryption in the Assets Files..

the only way to get around it that i could find is, when Amplitude Develops an Mod Sdk.

Any Comment on that ? Is it beeing done or Discussed ?

I think editing the models, textures, and soundfiles are pretty much the Basic stuff needed to make descent mods.

Also of course Adding new elements with new models might be nice smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 4, 2012, 9:24:52 PM
Pretty soon, they will release "phase 1" of modding, which is to read loose xml files. After that, they have mentioned "phase 2" will allow changing of simple graphic files such as icons. Phase 3 is further away, and that is probably where support for user 3D models would be available. There is no published timeframe for these phases.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 4, 2012, 10:59:15 PM
davea wrote:
Pretty soon, they will release "phase 1" of modding, which is to read loose xml files. After that, they have mentioned "phase 2" will allow changing of simple graphic files such as icons. Phase 3 is further away, and that is probably where support for user 3D models would be available. There is no published timeframe for these phases.

As long as it will come :d im ok with that... takes time to make decent models anyway
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment