Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to mod feature X? (help needed)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 4:06:49 PM
Since the last thread on the "per pop? How to" thread was so insightful regarding learning some of the idiosyncraticies (big word!) I'm going to toss out a few of the other issues that are driving me up the wall modding wise. I've spent considerable time trying to solve these issues and basically tossed in the towel.

Starbases: all and all very simple but one issue remains; normal movement and free movement suppressed. The prevention of wormhole travel, I first assumed it would a simple matter of adding an additional modifier that set the 'fleetwormholeunlock' to 0 and apply that to either engine component or the hull design. Unfortunately the game does not apply the effect how I was expecting when target classShip and/or classFleet. My best guess is that 'fleetwormholeunlock' and 'fleetwormhole2unlock' both target ClassEmpire that my modifiers are overridde. Is there a more efficient way to prevent wormhole transit?

Regarding weapon discharge - is there a method that could be applied to prevent weapon discharge during battlephaseX. My goal is ultimately prevent lasers from firing until the melee phase is reached at which point laser damage will wreck. Almost MAD ratios at this point. Everything I've looked at so far doesn't appear to offer this potential so I'm really hoping for some dev guidance.

Davea has already presented the issue regarding trigger events. Regarding the hisso affinity, the check that fires to confirm if an invasion was successful... Is that hardcoded? It as easy to find the lines that determine events after a successful invasion but the initial trigger...

I've yet to really look at these but:

Is the building completion event - I'm interested in creating a does x for y turns when building created

Prevention of allowing specific hull types into hangers. - I don't want to allow a dreadnaught to land

Create an event when ships are in orbit of an enemy planet - commerce raiding
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 4, 2012, 5:30:18 AM
My own recent questions

a. Many, many players have requested to limt heroes to only the same race. That is, playing Sophons, all of the player's initial heroes should be Sophon. This may mean repurposing some other races' heroes with Sophon portraits. I can't see any hooks to how initial heroes are chosen. Are there any? Is it possible to add some hooks?

b. Is there any way to tweak how the AI chooses exploits? When I look at the exploits of a system I have conquered from the AI, I often notice that it is full of food exploits, and it is also at its max pop cap. Is it possible to tweak the AI to build fewer food exploits? Usually one per system is enough, and after reaching pop cap, zero is probably better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 5, 2012, 8:43:38 PM
Many, many players have requested to limt heroes to only the same race. That is, playing Sophons, all of the player's initial heroes should be Sophon. This may mean repurposing some other races' heroes with Sophon portraits. I can't see any hooks to how initial heroes are chosen. Are there any? Is it possible to add some hooks?

I am in (not sure whether false) belief that it's hardcoded. I went through code trying to find any information how it chooses heroes but alas there isn't anything. Right now my quess is that game just throws dices and chooses couple heroes to you. (which easily can be same)

Is there any way to tweak how the AI chooses exploits? When I look at the exploits of a system I have conquered from the AI, I often notice that it is full of food exploits, and it is also at its max pop cap. Is it possible to tweak the AI to build fewer food exploits? Usually one per system is enough, and after reaching pop cap, zero is probably better.

This is another bit hard thing, I'm rather sure that it's hardcoded though one could try to see what happens if food is less valuable for AI. If after that AI builds less food exploits it should be possible to alter.

Is the building completion event - I'm interested in creating a does x for y turns when building created

This should be doable... though need dev to verify. Basically you should just add similar method than what game uses for say that one combat trait (which gives hissho like bonus but isn't hissho)... though it can easily be hardcoded. I just am not sure.

Prevention of allowing specific hull types into hangers. - I don't want to allow a dreadnaught to land

Sadly this is impossible (or atleast thats what I think) it's quite hardcoded that when you build a ship it goes to hangar. smiley: frown

Create an event when ships are in orbit of an enemy planet - commerce raiding

Enemy planet? As in moneyleach?

Problem is that game should recognize who owns planet. Other than that it should / could be possible to make event where both sides gets x amount of money.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment