Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Inferni Pugno

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 4:41:22 AM
Subject to change

I soon hope to be able to mod this new faction into the game, with a little help from you guys smiley: biggrin

Affinity: Violent desperation: 25%-100% tax gives 0-30 Ship XP upon construction.

The Inferni Pugno

Eternal War -10

Tollerent I +10

Growth Plan I +15

Big Fleets II +25

Knowledge Gathering I +5

Dust Recyclers I +5

New Traits :

Heat Tolerance(++) (+15 Approval, +5 Food per Citizen on lava) (+10 Approval, +3 Food per Citizen on desert)(+5 Approval, +2 Food per Citizen on arid) +30 points (15 for level 1)

Cold Intolerance(-) (-15 Approval per Citizen on barren)(-10 Approval per Citizen on arctic) (-5 Approval per Citizen on Tundra) -5 points

Total: (75)

Biology

-The Inferni Pugno race, known to themselves as the Draghi are a bipedal, short and stocky species (Slightly shorter them most terrains) of photosynthesising reptiles similar in looks to that of a red bearded dragon. Darker in their colour tones then most terrain lizards and plated with large back scales, evolved to withstand the deadly temperatures and radiation of their volcanic homeworld, the Draghi are a tough people.

-The most noticeable feature of the Draghi is the three horns sprouting from the top of their head, one on either side and one at the back, there are many variation as to how these horns will grow throughout the Draghi's life, but most tend to curve slightly inwards. Archaeological remains suggest these horns were once used to fight, but they have little function for the species now.

-As a photosynthesising race the Draghi are able to feed from most types of UV and Visible light spectrum’s, amazingly enough they can also feed off of Infra-red light, but the intensity of Infra-red required to actually synthesize can only come from large lava streams, thus their natural ability to settle these worlds.

-However, light cannot sustain Draghi by itself as there also require minerals from the ground like most animals, they however are able to digest certain rocks for the required minerals in their diet, leading them to have mostly flat but strong teeth, devoid of incisors the mouth of a Draghi contains many more canines then comparable to a omnivore.

-Like reptiles, the Draghi lay eggs for reproduction to be fertilized by the male, the nature of the Draghi means that any female regardless of age or condition is able to deposit eggs due to the ability for eggs to synthesize their own food when provided with enough of the right light.

Society

- Inferni Pugno society is traditionally a form of total fascism, with one ruler for any one group.

-The concept of slavery is unknown to the Inferni Pugno, the idea of working another to death is nothing but normal loyalty and respect, thousands of Inferni Pugno used to die from work before basic robotics started to replace organics in positions such as mining and industry.

-The idea of personal freedom is strange to a Inferni Pugno, as even the dictator is a servant of their own goals, but the goals for dictators are usually non-lethal, normal citizens are to do as commanded, or risk being cast into lava streams that are still fatal, taking hours to kill a victim.

-Most leaders or heroes of the Inferni Pugno come into power via violent regicide of the previous leader, ironically these are often committed by the people when they consider their leader to be 'slaving' against the interest of civilisation, the interest of creating a safe and prosperous domination of the people.

-Upon first inspection Inferni Pugno technology is no more then actual magic, with entire building and even ships instantly appearing out of the end of portals, like they have been summoned from thin air. The truth is extremely advanced apertures of nano construction, or more specificity, Nanite gates.

-Nanite gates are thin but extremely wide rings that use very sophisticated construction Nanites, spread out across a fire like iris they are more then capable of building anything in no more then a few seconds, complex structures or sheets of metal these portals are uniquely capable of producing anything in the same amount of time, however the mass wasted by these Nanites means that an excessive amount of raw materials are required to run them, leaving newer colony’s or even older ones without the right power generation set up to simply manufacture things the old fashioned way.

History

-Pre-Ancient Inferni Pugno history consists of many nomadic tribes migrating towards the planets largest volcano before settling down into the planets first major settlement, remarkable for its construction of a flood way running through the centre of the settlement for directing lava flows.

-Ancient Inferni Pugno history consists of many wars between the first few civilisations, the period ending when the first ever emperor of a united Inferni Pugno empire was struck down when he refused to fertilize the eggs of a subjugated queen, she was so furious with the denial that she gutted the emperor then and there, guaranteeing herself the throne and the position as the first empress.

-Middle Age Inferni Pugno history consists of the planets first few revolutions where the people rose up to enforce their own safety or agendas, the most famous is the zealot uprising that succeeded in killing the royal family and declaring themselves as a theocracy in order to obtain some divine assistance against the country’s competitors, resulting in a war of faith that was only ended by the invasion of a barbaric horde who preceded to purge all captured city’s of any suspected zealots.

-Industrial Age Inferni Pugno history is a time of great loss to the Inferni Pugno's, not due to the subsequent world spanning wars, but due to a mega eruption of the planets volcano’s, blocking out the sun for a decade resulting in the loss of 80% of the planets population. The loss of people during this age helped better unite the warring nations of the planet, helping them to advance into the space age without any major Inferni Pugno wars since.

-Space Age Inferni Pugno history is some of the most traumatizing history for the Inferni Pugno race.

Beginning a few months after the first Inferni Pugno spacecraft was able to successfully orbit the planet, a massive shock wave was detected coming from a close by star system, when the wave of deadly radiation hit the planet it caused both a massive spike in cancerous deaths but also the biggest population boom in the species history.

As it turned out, a nearby star had gone supernova but had not been classified as being any where near to the size required for that type of eruption, and soon it was figured out to have been caused by an alien ship that was also heading towards their system at a slow flt speed, it was realised that this ship had been capable to destroying an entire star system and was most likely heading towards the Inferni Pugno system to do the same, the leaders of the world panicked, the Internals were used to war but had never seen a weapon of this power before, so the decision was made to prepare as many stellar craft as possible to combat this weapon, or prepare to be annihilated without the chance to fight for their survival.

-Discovering FTL and Dust, when the ship arrived in the system it was greeted by a ramshackle fleet of corvettes and transports, all carrying as many weapons as they could, unconcerned about their own casualty’s as long as the threat was destroyed. The ships fired for hours as the leviathan system destroyer slowly cruised towards the planets star, the situation become so desperate that when ships ran out of ammo, they would crash into the craft in order to damage it, and then just as the ship begin to charge up for its attack on the star, a corvette crashed into the ships firing mechanism and caused the ship to violently explode and become a burning hulk.

The situation was too close for the Inferni Pugno Dictators to bare, and so soon consolidated under the rule of the strongest nation. Analysis from the hulk yielded the amazing discovery of 'Dust' similar to their own Nanites but worth so much more, And along with the basic understanding of the hulks 'string drive' the Internals prepared to do the only thing they knew how, war, war with a universe that was trying to kill them, this is not a war for land or resources this is a war for survival and the only way to win is to fight,even if survival means killing someone else.

Spreading out across the stars like a curse or plague, but to them, its more like running.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 6:10:25 PM

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 7:16:13 PM
Neither am I. Can you describe the problem you are having, or what you are trying to do, or at least give some information?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 7:20:05 PM
I have tried to add a new faction trait, however it does not show up in game.

The same goes for my attempt to add a new faction to the list of standard ones. (Also I am not sure how to select a factions ship set).

Thank you for any help in advance! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 8:25:31 PM
The forum screenshots are illegible. Are you making these changes in sharedassets17.assets or an xml file? If you are using an xml file, are you sure the mod is being loaded (see the lower left corner of the new game screen)? The game silently evaluates a number of conditions and ignores your mod if you don't meet them all. If you are sure it is being loaded, please zip/attach the mod, or the failing xml file.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 8:50:18 PM
[code]

TraitTolerant

%TraitTolerantTitle

%TraitTolerantDescription

[/code]

Basically here is example of working trait.

I'm fairly sure that your problem is in wrong Root if you can't see it at all. If problem is that you can see it but it doesn't give any bonuses then problem is in poor linking.

To your question of races, well I answer to it tomorrow
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 8:56:35 PM
davea wrote:
The forum screenshots are illegible. Are you making these changes in sharedassets17.assets or an xml file?

A XML file, one of the ones in in the original 'public' folder.

If you are using an xml file, are you sure the mod is being loaded (see the lower left corner of the new game screen)?

When i try to load the mod, the text does not change, is the apart of the Index file or would that mean that my mod didn't load?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment