Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Two Mods] King of the Hill & Example mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 4:55:22 PM
Hi there,

To help out modders and show them what is possible in the Endless Modding Space, we have developed two little mods for you to try.

Example Mod

This mod simply implements the modding tutorial available at https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es . It basically adds a faction trait, a tech, an anomaly, a new galaxy size...Nothing too fancy, just an glimpse of what can be done.

Eye of the Galaxy

v 1.0.3

This mod is a little twist to Endless Space: a king of the hill mod. With a tweak to the galaxy generation system, the goal is to reach the middle of the galaxy and colonize the planets there. They will give you access to precious resources...to be the first to build a wonder victory! Bear in mind that it is quite unbalanced, it was just made to show how different ES can be. But it will keep on getting updated.

The AI doesn't know it has to win with a wonder victory...so feel free to try it in MP. We'll keep on tuning it and I encourage you to modify EotG to the max, it's a sandbox for you !

Shape: Disk-4

Empires: 4

Size: TINY to LARGE

No pirates

Advanced options

Galaxy density: Low

Star Connectivity: High (more fun but you can set it to lower)

Wormholes: High

Constellation distance: Average (up to you)

Number of constellations: Many

The rest is up to you.

Eye of the Galaxy can only be played with the settings above...otherwise the galaxy generation is going to be...unpredictable smiley: smile

Troubleshooting

If you have trouble downloading a file do this and try again.

1. Log out of the forum and log back in.

2. Else try a different browser (firefox vs IE, etc)

3. Else clear your browser cookies.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 12:50:54 AM

Well, I tried out the 'Eye of the Galaxy' mod, but this popped up just as I was starting a new game [Sowers,SpiralGalaxy4,3othercomputerplayerssettorandom]. The cursor still moves around, but the game is unresponsive - so I can't click 'Continue playing'.. it just does nothing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 2:30:10 AM
So this mod does work right because every time I select it to play it crashes to desktop.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 7:44:00 AM
Hi ,

Forgot to mention that you have to set specific galaxy settings for this mod to work. I updated the OP.

If anyone managed to launch the mod correctly and/or has comments about it, feel free to post here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 2:19:01 PM
Downloading files from the forum seems to not work perfectly. I've added steps in the OP, tell me if this solves the issue.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 11:34:19 PM
Thanks, it seems to be doing the job now, albeit in another browser (IE 9). Chrome seems to still be giving issues.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment