Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Math - Inversely Proportional To Mass

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 12:37:32 AM
Alright - I'm working on tweaking engine movement point addition based on the mass of the ship, however, to avoid dramtic variations in movement speed I want to apply the formula to a given value before effecting the speed.

[CODE]

[/CODE]

Is what I worked up, but from there I wanted to add the calced value to 1.5 before adding it to the speed component. As far as I can tell there is no way to do 3+ step formulas.

so ultimately if a ship massed @ 400 then 200/400+1.5= 2

Edit: Heh, turns out this easier then I thought - I assumed that multiple lines effecting things wouldn't be added up to determine the total value. doh

What I do need are some appropriate values. I want three different final speeds of 1, 2 and 3 for the first level of engine. The limitation is only the mass of the ships which are 100, 200 and 400. So the value by which the ship is divided by and the bonus factor is open to correction... I remember doing this kind of math in school using a matrix solver but I cannot remember how.

y + x / 400 = 1

y + x / 200 = 2

y + x / 100 = 3

what is x and what is y?

Edit: muhahahhaha I am GOD

[10.0025

10.005[X] = [0.5257.1429]

1. 0.01]

y = 0.5

x = 257.142857143

Who said that calculus 2 wasn't worth it! Matrix calcs (Num Solver) FTW!!!! Now to apply this all for various levels of engines and then recalcing ship mass for the future

Considering that modern day warships (naval based) are 30000 tons+ and ships in ES start off at 100 tons (of course those could be kilotons or MTs) I'll be adjusting ship weights appropriately, also I dislike that ship classes currently share tonnage weight with one other ship currently, there should be a noticeable difference between ship tonnage.

Corvettes = Destroyer @ 100 tons

Cruiser = Battleships @ 200 tons

Dreadnaught @ 400 tons

Strongly disagree >.>
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 3:55:59 AM
Put 400 there and wonder later whether 4 is too much in last one.

Don't need to worry about y then.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment