Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Keeping sharedassets17.assets the same size

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 11:27:35 AM
Sorry, I someone else has already said this..

But instead of trying to find whitespace here and there, you I've found that if you remove anything inside of if can give you alot more to work with easily.

For example section headers like this

Could give you about 60 or so characters to add elsewhere in the file.

The opening and closing code tells the compiler to ignor the contents.

I hope this helps others - it has worked for me
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 15, 2012, 3:56:40 AM
This really needs to go.. I mean the same size stuff.

Its impossible to implement new races and do radical changes with this in play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 15, 2012, 6:21:17 AM
Naab007 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. I certainly agree with you. Of course, I also feel that the AI needs to be improved, MP stability needs to be improved, and the simultaneous countdown timer mechanism needs to be redesigned. If only there were a thousand developers working on the game, I am sure all these big changes would be ready tomorrow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 15, 2012, 12:54:27 PM
Rules inside of that file are:

1) Keep size same

2) Don't add or remove anything outside of XML you are editing (in general don't add or remove stuff outside the thing you are doing)

3) Inside of xml you have freehands as long as you have exactly correct amount of letters

What I am doing right now on heromod is quite advanced lesson of editing that file :P (joy of converting battlecards to skills)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 7:48:43 AM
Naab007 wrote:

Its impossible to implement new races and do radical changes with this in play.

I just added 3 new hero skills because I didn't want to delete old ones.

It's not impossible to implement new races nor do radical changes... you just have to remember what you are doing :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 9:02:57 AM
I really really really love that crashing message, atleast I then know whats wrong smiley: wink

Right now I'm editing stuff looks legit in binary format but what game can't read... it doesn't crash game but stucks you to loading screen infinite time period.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 2:25:30 AM
What editor are you using to implement your changes? I use notepad++ but the .assest files are encrypted and I am unable to read them. I thought they were HTML/XML files. Do I need another editor to modify these files?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 2:34:00 AM
They are not encrypted. They are large, and the xml content is not at the top. In notepad++, search for a string like "Datatable" and you will see the XML text.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 5:35:35 AM
I personally love all the big blank empty spaces all over the place start delete 2+ spaces and it adds up fast.\

You can compress a lot of lines of code too... ie

[CODE]

OperationType="Addition"

BinaryOperationType="Multiplication"

Right="$(Population)"

Left="12"

Path="ClassStarSystem"/>[/CODE]

is the same as

[CODE]

[/CODE]

997 characters compressed down to 692 with a saving of 305 characters! (I think you can compressed it further too)

The following can also be removed safely (prune the code)

[CODE]

[/CODE]

And .030, 0.03 and 3000 are all the same to the game character wise
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 5:56:06 AM
997 characters compressed down to 692 with a saving of 305 characters! (I think you can compressed it further too)

further 20+ characters if one deletes unnecessary spaces in lines.

Basically for game:

[code]

[/code]

and

[code]

[/code]

are same

Problem comes when you need more than 10 000 characters, these tricks just don't work anymore smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 5:16:11 PM
The new patch encrypted all of the .assets files.

Only parts that aren't encrypted.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 5:32:40 PM
I've just started modding with the latest patch and I don't think that anything here is of any importance anymore as you can just edit the XML-Files without having to think about spaces. oO
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 5:42:50 PM
Though I recommend saving your assets file from pre 1.0.14 time period, those have been valuable for me for seeing how things are connected and where to find what information.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment