Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Unlocking Techs

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:08:05 AM
I need some help unlocking Techs. I am able to unlock them, unfortunatly they are not marked as researched in the TechTree if i do so.

For example i Unlock with this code

[CODE]

[/CODE]

I can build the building, but the Techtree tells me that it isnt researched yet smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:27:11 AM
Your problem is probably that you're unlocking the improvements and modules unlocked by researching a technology, but not unlocking the research itself.

Edit: Nope, still doesn't work
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 11:10:16 AM
if i can somehow get [CODE][/CODE]

to work out of the traits that would be great
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 11:13:14 AM
mJrA wrote:
I need some help unlocking Techs. I am able to unlock them, unfortunatly they are not marked as researched in the TechTree if i do so.

For example i Unlock with this code

[CODE]

[/CODE]

I can build the building, but the Techtree tells me that it isnt researched yet smiley: frown

I don't understand this.

So:

you are studying technology which opens those, there isn't anywhere else any points to those and you get these empire buildings but you haven't studied that technology?

As in:

lets pretend that we have TechA01 which has building X, it's only viable link to building X.

You study TechA01.

In the end game shows that you haven't studied TechA01 but you have building X ?

if you on the otherhand mean that you have:

TechA01 which unlocks building x

TechA03 which unlocks building x

and you study TechA01 but TechA03 still says that it unlocks building x... thats something what works as it should be.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 11:50:13 AM
U dont understand. I want to have that technologie researched. I want the techtree to show me that i researched it. That is my problem. I can only unlock those techs without them showing to be explored. That means i still have to research them what takes research time what shouldnt be necessary.

So i want that the Tech is marked as researched. I could do that within traits, but i want it without traits. i want to start a game and have for example Tech02 researched without using any traits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:09:49 PM
Have you tried adding "" in Technology.xml? There are several tags to unlock different techs at the start of a game, depending on which faction you choose. "TechStart" contains the techs that all factions will unlock at the beginning of a game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:11:33 PM
Put it inside one / all race affinities...

Notice you can put almost everything inside of affinities what you can put inside of traits.

Other option is to completly remove technology

In a way technologies work you can't just magically say: "I researched this technology or things inside of it"

what you can say is: "I have this technology at start" or "there isn't this technology"

meh, why developers only answers when it's easy questions like these but not to things what are really intersting -.-
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:20:45 PM
LoiCus- wrote:
Have you tried adding "" in Technology.xml? There are several tags to unlock different techs at the start of a game, depending on which faction you choose. "TechStart" contains the techs that all factions will unlock at the beginning of a game.

Unfortunatly that doesnt do anything smiley: frown

It doesnt show researched in tree and doesnt unlock anything smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:26:48 PM
mJrA wrote:
Unfortunatly that doesnt do anything smiley: frown

It doesnt show researched in tree and doesnt unlock anything smiley: frown

I'm honestly not surprised smiley: smile

Try following, find following part in your FactionTrait.xml (there is one for each affinity):

[code]

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:38:41 PM
as i said before i dont want it to be done over the Factiontraits. I know that is a way but i need it done in a different way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:57:47 PM
mJrA wrote:
as i said before i dont want it to be done over the Factiontraits. I know that is a way but i need it done in a different way.

And then we come back to this:

Remove the tech completly!

Add stuff from it to players at start.

I mean if you don't want to add it to traits you can't access to it any other way.

Even what Loicus said would go through factiontrait and as you said you don't want to do anything with it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:03:05 PM
Well thats the point i can add all Tech to the Player at start. It will work fine. I can Build all. Even if i Give ALL tech available to the players at start, they will still have 0 researched. Whats the point of researching if i allready have all?. It gets bad if i just give half the tech at start to the players. They got the tech but to proceed fore the next tech they have to research all the techs they allready can use to get those they dont have... And that is not what i intended smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:33:29 PM
Aaand here comes mr. re arranging technologies.

Althought guides already tells this lets still take quick look to how Technology works:

[code]

$(TraitT5Default)

TechT5PlanetsT01

%TechT5PlanetsT02Title

%TechT5PlanetsT02Description

[/code]

First line:

Name: this is basically technology name, it can be almost anything as long as game remembers / recognizes it

Cost: the cost to research technology

X: I see this as a distance from origo via X-axis. In game it's more like steps from start of that section

Y: I see this as a Y-axis. In game this means which section we are dealing with.

Category: Can be almost anything, I tend to use game set values.

$(TraitT5Default)

Needs to be trait or affinity, this tells what you need to see or hide technology. This can't be event/building/technology or any other value you would get during the game.

Does absolutely nothing

TechT5PlanetsT01

This creates link from other technology to this one, basically you need technology mentioned here to be able to research this one. Notice this doesn't hide / show it, it just means that without tech x you can't study this one.

And with this one I have had most problems, you basically need this line to be able to make technology. Though you can create dummies.

Now to your questions:

It is possible to cause effect where technology doesn't exist by putting it inside of or removing it

It's possible to remove link to tech via removing values inside of TechT5PlanetsT01 in techs which needs that tech.

It's possible to rearrange tech tree thus that it gives more space to technologies

and it's possible to create completly new technologies.

As long as you play with these rules when adding/editing/removing technologies anything is possible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:39:53 PM
Hupailija wrote:
Aaand here comes mr. re arranging technologies.

Althought guides already tells this lets still take quick look to how Technology works:

[code]

$(TraitT5Default)

TechT5PlanetsT01

%TechT5PlanetsT02Title

%TechT5PlanetsT02Description

[/code]

First line:

Name: this is basically technology name, it can be almost anything as long as game remembers / recognizes it

Cost: the cost to research technology

X: I see this as a distance from origo. In game it's more like steps

and what do u want to tell me with that?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:44:00 PM
mJrA wrote:
and what do u want to tell me with that?

maybe you next time want to wait 3-5 minutes before asking question, just to see if person covers your questions perfectly in his answer... wasn't first time when I was editing my initial answer and these forums decided to cut half off.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 2:05:38 PM
hmm still that doesnt answer my question i have. Well i lsend u a pm what i want to do
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment