Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking for 2 mods

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 2:09:30 PM
hello there

I'm looking for 2 mods that would greatly enhance my gameplay and i dont know if they exist.

1. A mod that put a sign on an explored moon, so i dont have to check every time I enter a system.

2. A mod that would grey out useless system improvements if those are irrelevant. For example +2 on minuscule planets when there are no minuscule planets in the system.

Do they exist ?

Thanks, and have fun !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 2:37:54 PM
Today, neither of those can be controlled by modders. There are active suggestions on the suggestion forum for this. I suppose the dev team may implement them at some point. It is possible that they will give more "hooks" for modders to do this, but it doesn't seem possible today.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 2:55:45 PM
1. An explored moon has a small blue or orange outline around it. Blue if it was empty, orange if something was found on it. Unexplored moons don't have any outline.

2. Don't listen to davea! What you want is possible and I have also described in another thread how to do that.

The in the StarSystemImprovements.xml, just above the controls if you can see any building option. It is not exactly "greyed out" it just won't show that option for that system. Basically copying the contents of to will cause the useless options to go away.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 3:07:10 PM
Ail wrote:
1. An explored moon has a small blue or orange outline around it. Blue if it was empty, orange if something was found on it. Unexplored moons don't have any outline.

I assumed his request was to see this information without entering the system view.

2. Don't listen to davea! What you want is possible and I have also described in another thread how to do that.

I must have missed your description. I feel that *removing* the icon is too strong, and will lead to more confusion. *Greying* the icon already happens for buildings or ships which require a strategic resource, and the resource is not available. AFAIK there is no way to *grey* anything from a mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 3:18:47 PM
Ail wrote:

The in the StarSystemImprovements.xml, just above the controls if you can see any building option. It is not exactly "greyed out" it just won't show that option for that system. Basically copying the contents of to will cause the useless options to go away.

Oh thank you for that smart reminder, think i'll go about making a mod, purely for that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 3:43:24 PM
davea wrote:

I must have missed your description. I feel that *removing* the icon is too strong, and will lead to more confusion. *Greying* the icon already happens for buildings or ships which require a strategic resource, and the resource is not available. AFAIK there is no way to *grey* anything from a mod.

What kind of confusion would it cause if something that doesn't make sense just isn't there?

If I install a mod that removes the ability to build buildings that would do nothing but cost dust, I would expect it to do that.

Especially as Craver it is really annoying to force yourself to ignore all those Trade-Building-Icons. I would drastically favour the icons to go away completely instead of being still there but greyed out.

I'm gonna implement that anyways in my mod once I go back to the SystemImprovements.xml.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 4:10:11 PM
Please go ahead and try it. I would be afraid many people would complain, "How come I researched endothermic structures and the building doesn't appear?" If it were greyed out with a proper tooltip, it would be more obvious.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment