Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Changing a race's industry costs to dust.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 4:19:25 AM
Is it possible to mod a race's industry costs to instead cost dust, allowing a player to instantly build everything if they can pay for it?

With a systems industry instead boosting the other FIDS.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:09:04 AM
At first I thought you just wanted a mod to make Dust production equal industry production, but what you're asking for is a little more complex. I'll take a look to see if I can do it, but I make no promise.

Edit: Sorry, it seems cost is simply defined as a number referencing some deeper code I couldn't find. There is no way I know of the change what the cost is in.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:12:04 AM
I feel like the simplest way I could achieve this is by mimicking the sowers affinity, and change all of the industry into dust.

Thus leaving a player to buy every thing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:16:29 AM
Oh, I didn't see your last post before I edited. If you want I can add some way to make dust equal industry+base dust and send it to you, but you'll have to specify how you want it (e.g. a trait, an empire improvement (or some other kind), ect.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:19:11 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
I feel like the simplest way I could achieve this is by mimicking the sowers affinity, and change all of the industry into dust.

Thus leaving a player to buy every thing.

This is something what I am going to add to UE (and in the end everything for them is all about money).

Actually it's fairly easy to code, you just multiple industry with 0 and add system dust (notice it has to be system or you are in problems) to industry.

Anyway can't one already buy everything if he has enough money? True that everything comes in next turn, but this is something we really can't change.. and I actually like the way it's now (makes sense, you "buy" stuff and it's not instantly warped to place but instead delivered on next turn "Building delivery!" "here, take 10 dust tip") .
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:19:30 AM
A trait or affinity would be good, feel free to change one of the current races. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:23:28 AM
Hupailija wrote:
This is something what I am going to add to UE (and in the end everything for them is all about money).

Actually it's fairly easy to code, you just multiple industry with 0 and add system dust (notice it has to be system or you are in problems) to industry.

Anyway can't one already buy everything if he has enough money? True that everything comes in next turn, but this is something we really can't change.. and I actually like the way it's now (makes sense, you "buy" stuff and it's not instantly warped to place but instead delivered on next turn "Building delivery!" "here, take 10 dust tip") .

You can never have enough money, especially as wars mount on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:29:51 AM
Yaaaaaay, something to do! I'll just do the easy thing and use Hupailija's idea and make it part of the UE affinity (and the Sherdyn affinity).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 7:05:56 AM
I tried to make it so that the UE affinity added industry to dust, but it didn't work. Any tips?

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 8:15:45 AM
Harel55 wrote:
Yaaaaaay, something to do! I'll just do the easy thing and use Hupailija's idea and make it part of the UE affinity (and the Sherdyn affinity).

i thought you had something to do smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 8:17:48 AM
Harel55 wrote:
I tried to make it so that the UE affinity added industry to dust, but it didn't work. Any tips?

Yes, you can't put simulation properties inside of Technology.

You can put in what you wanted to EmpireDescription.xml and then unlock from there.

or

You can put it to traits and then hide it from seeing... actually you can put it directly to UE affinity if you change EmpireTraitDescription.xml and put it directly under
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 8:22:30 AM
Thanks a bundle, I'll try it tomorow when I'm not dying of sleep deprivation. Oh and Pleasure, that was before you PM'd me with the details.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment