Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking for a Good mod.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 12:42:03 AM
Anyone know of any mods out there that are finished?? Really Im looking for one that will let me make the fleets larger and also Edit the custom factions max points. (Example: Instead of 60 I can put 100) Any help would be great smiley: cool
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 4:56:14 AM
Why would anyone release this kind of mod? I mean.. it takes 5-10 min to write this kind of "mod".

Also both of these things have been explained several times, you can easily alone do both changes in way less time than it took to write your original post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:07:10 AM
They have a point, I could make you the files to have those changes and send them to you in ten minutes flat. In fact, I might do so if you ask nicely just because I'm bored.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:25:13 AM
Harel55 wrote:
They have a point, I could make you the files to have those changes and send them to you in ten minutes flat. In fact, I might do so if you ask nicely just because I'm bored.

Meh, there is some limit in that: "if player wants x, who are we to deny it?".

Wanting cheats and not doing it itself is where goes my line.

After all bit studying through xml and one finds way more interesting ways to completly ruin game experience than just getting bunch of boring traits or having huge fleet...

Why not just start with entire fleet of battleships and colonization ships, ability to live everywhere without any penalties (of course each planet is +5 per pop), ability to have huge empire with billions of people without any approval penalties and with billion times higher tax income, getting maximum population to every planet in single turn, having all ships and modules and buildings to be completly free of any costs.

I mean if you want cheat mod atlest do it properly.

I admit, back when I did first mod to this game it was cheating... but point is that I didn't come to forums and asked others to do mods.

Now it's way easier than back then and one can do way more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:27:44 AM
I don't think you get it. I'm really, really, REALLY bored. I was stalking Davea's post count so I could congratulate her on her 3,500th post, that's how bored I am.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:35:24 AM
Harel55 wrote:
I don't think you get it. I'm really, really, REALLY bored. I was stalking Davea's post count so I could congratulate her on her 3,500th post, that's how bored I am.

Oh, I can give you plenty of boring coding to do. Something which completly ruins rest of your day (and which takes rest of your day to do) smiley: smile

I understand if someone wants to do mod which increases command point limit and custom faction points ... after all thats how I did start. And I understand if someone wants to share that mod, it's been asked so often that sharing it would already be action of kindness to other modders.

What I don't understand person who asks that kind of mod.

Anyone know of any mods out there that are finished?? Really Im looking for one that will let me make the fleets larger and also Edit the custom factions max points. (Example: Instead of 60 I can put 100) Any help would be great smiley: cool

By little looking person would have noticed how these both has been told several times and he wouldn't have had to even write this post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:46:09 AM
I agree that you have a point, and although I'd love to see what your "boring coding" is, between my last post and your I was given new instructions to work on the B5 project.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 6:01:50 AM
Harel55 wrote:
I was stalking Davea's post count so I could congratulate her on her 3,500th post, that's how bored I am.

Ding. BTW I am a "him".
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 6:48:26 PM
Im just nervous about modding guys. I don't want to mess my computer up and I did not throroughly investigate all the pages. I will mess with the coding I guess and see what I get =) If you could give me that File that would do it itself I would be grateful =) But If not. I'll have a go at the files and mess with the coding =D
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 11:46:28 PM
Ok Guys. I played with the coding and Im liking it. Just hard to find things. Right now I made a tweak where if the UE is at 35% Tax rate they get 200% Production Increase. I can't remember where I found this and Im wondering How I can revert everything to defualt. Anyway possible?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 11:53:26 PM
Not to sound rude, but most people would have backed up their files, or more likely followed the modding instructions and made a separate folder for modded files and using the mod feature of the game to use them instead of changing the base files. Anyways, you could probably fix it by forcing Steam to update your files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 11:57:58 PM
Lol. The thought never came to me. Oh well. I'll just make sure the Ai is never the UE and I'll just hunt around for that peice of coding. And besides, Its more fun my way than it was the orginal way =D
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

Tell me if you are ever bored again!

smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment