Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Question on Coding

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:28:16 PM
Hey guys. Where do I find the coding for the Cravers?? I wanna tweak their affinty a little but Im having a hard time finding it. Any suggestions?

(Edit) Hey Guys I can also not get a mod I made to load properly, everytime I load it and play a game, none of the things I changed show up. Like ships having a higher tonnage and cravers traits being ramped up. Any Ideas why?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:20:27 PM
1. Please edit file (steam dir)\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_data\output_log.txt and search for "Modding". This will show any syntax errors.

2. Please check the syntax of index.xml. In particular, if you have left the default value "standalone=true" and you have not included all the files, it will not load. (Use standalone=false).

3. If you want to edit the values of craver locust effect and turn rate, look into my community mod, which already does this, and search the files for "davea" and "craver" in the same line.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 2:25:51 PM
davea wrote:
1. Please edit file (steam dir)\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_data\output_log.txt and search for "Modding". This will show any syntax errors.

2. Please check the syntax of index.xml. In particular, if you have left the default value "standalone=true" and you have not included all the files, it will not load. (Use standalone=false).

3. If you want to edit the values of craver locust effect and turn rate, look into my community mod, which already does this, and search the files for "davea" and "craver" in the same line.

Im sorry I can't find the first one. Can you be more specific?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 2:33:33 PM
Do you know where your Endless Space program is installed? Go to the installation directory. Under that is a directory EndlessSpace_data. Under that is a file output_log.txt. If you don't know where the program is installed, it is "usually" under Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 2:40:05 PM
davea wrote:
Do you know where your Endless Space program is installed? Go to the installation directory. Under that is a directory EndlessSpace_data. Under that is a file output_log.txt. If you don't know where the program is installed, it is "usually" under Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common.

Ahh There you go. I know where the Program files are =) Now let me take a look there. Ok I found Output Log where to now?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 3:19:19 PM
If you want your mod to be optional instead of in the base files, make a folder called Modding under My Documents/Endless Space in the folder, copy/paste the folder "Public" and all it's files except Audio and Movies. Instead of editing the original Public folder, edit these files instead. Also, if you want your mod to have a name and show you as the author, go into the file "Index" and change around the names.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment