Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Informer - a place to host and download Mods

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 4:20:21 AM
I've gotta say, if people were interested in a mod website, I would suggest the Nexus.. I've spoken to Dark0ne (the owner) quite a few times. Really cool guy, very enthusiastic, and does this for the people, not the money.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 6:21:04 PM
Hmm, that's odd. It should work perfectly fine in IE9. I'll check it out and will let you know what's up.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 2:24:36 PM
JamieSI wrote:
Can I ask what browser you are using?
IE9. I can try firefox, but I don't see too much benefit from a third host.

pleasure wrote:
The main benefit is that you can post unfinished mods

That may or may not be a benefit. I have looked for mods for other games, and the "Release TBD" mods outnumbered the "Here is one you can actually use" mods. But, YMMV.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 10:35:58 AM
davea wrote:
Tried and failed to upload to your site. Two problems shown in linked screenshot. 1. I entered the game name "Endless Space" and it complained that I had not entered a game name. 2. The button and type-in field where I would enter my local filename in order to upload, is not clickable. It just says "loading" and there is nothing I can do to enter a filename.

http://jendaveallen.com/Temp/es-si-fail.jpg

Moddb has some weird requirements, such as requiring the announcement to be > 500 characters, but at least it worked. I got more downloads there (225) than I got on amplitude (125). It will be interesting to compare download counts.

I think it the requirements for Moddb aren't so bad smiley: biggrin once you have gotten used to it.

The main benefit is that you can post unfinished mods and get a fanbase and the community size of moddb is huge smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 12:49:20 AM
Tried and failed to upload to your site. Two problems shown in linked screenshot. 1. I entered the game name "Endless Space" and it complained that I had not entered a game name. 2. The button and type-in field where I would enter my local filename in order to upload, is not clickable. It just says "loading" and there is nothing I can do to enter a filename.

http://jendaveallen.com/Temp/es-si-fail.jpg

Moddb has some weird requirements, such as requiring the announcement to be > 500 characters, but at least it worked. I got more downloads there (225) than I got on amplitude (125). It will be interesting to compare download counts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 7:58:14 AM
Thanks to everyone on here that supports us and helps us with feedback etc! I've made those changes Davea, thank you! It's important to have a group of fansites or places for the community to host their mods, because if you keep it all at one place, although unlikely perhaps, it may shutdown. Look what happend to FileFront, Megaupload etc.

I know FileFront returned with GameFront, but all the links to mods are now broken.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 4:51:16 AM
@ jamiesi, I looked at the site. I will probably put (the first?) ES mod there in 24 hours from now. Could you fix two things on the site?

a. There is supposed to be a link to the "official site", but it is missing. Can you add the link to:

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/

b. One of the tags is "city builder", which doesn't seem correct.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 4:42:29 AM
I've used nexus quite a lot, I have several Fallout: New Vegas mods there. But I thought they only did RPGs?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 12:10:29 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about a new section that Strategy Informer has opend for Endless Space, which can be seen here - http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/endlessspace/

It's basically a mini fansite that allows people to keep updated on what's happening within the Endless Space community, along with offering screenshots, videos, news, reviews and other information such as previews and interviews.

The main part of this is our mods section, which we need help from the community to maintain for fans to come and download or upload mods that they've created for the community. You only need a few account to upload your files, which gives you full control to edit and add screenshots. You can upload files here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/mods/

Let me know of any feedback and we hope to see you making use of the mod section to upload your files and share them on these forums. Hopefully we can help you build a resource that offers a place for everyone to find what mods they need.

Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 1:16:42 AM
At first I thought you had made a thread meant to be a copy of Davea's mod shopping mall and I wasn't very happy. After reading, though, I like the idea. As I can tell, Moddb is very user unfriendly and it sounds like the new website will be much better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 7:48:17 PM
There is actually a huge difference about moddb and StrategyInformer,

Moddb is a Mod Database where Mods are hosted and you can track progress, and give the community updates via Videos or Images.

StrategyInformer is a File Database where you can upload mods but only completed ones.

That's why we (Babylon 5 Project) are currently only hosted at Moddb and here. When we release the Mod we will also host on StrategyInformer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 3:25:25 PM
davea wrote:
How is your site different from moddb? How does the amount of traffic compare?

Hahaha way to drop the truth, davea!

Hupa, I see no reason not to upload our mod to ModDB/StrategyInformer/Amplitude forums when we come out with Release 1. Shouldn't take much work to set it up.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 3:02:03 PM
JamieSI wrote:
I can't say how much traffic ModDB gets, although SI's getting roughtly 1.2 million uniques a month. I think we've got a more user friendly system in place than ModDB, without the need to wait for a download to start, along with a page just dedicated to Endless Space. I like ModDB though, so we've probably each got our strengths and weaknesses.

I'm fairly sure that we will upload Endless Dream to Strategy Informer (just need to talk with thashaphard about it.. he will be the one responsible for such a things (I lost my patience with moddb)) as soon as we release either 0.5 or 1.0 version... right now we just can't do that due to "minor" problem which causes hilarious crashes (Hey, I'm working on it so it should be fixed "soon" smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 2:26:00 PM
I can't say how much traffic ModDB gets, although SI's getting roughtly 1.2 million uniques a month. I think we've got a more user friendly system in place than ModDB, without the need to wait for a download to start, along with a page just dedicated to Endless Space. I like ModDB though, so we've probably each got our strengths and weaknesses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 2:16:16 PM
How is your site different from moddb? How does the amount of traffic compare?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment