Aug 11, 2012, 10:42:08 PM

Presents

Diplomacy Mod

for Endless Space

Features:

• All Diplomacy Technologys Unlocked at Start
  • All Diplomacy Technologys removed from Tech-Tree

Important:

Cease Fire at the Beginning of the Round still Active.

You will have to wait 15 Turns to use Diplomacy to avoid Scout Spamming and Attacking in the Beginning of the Game!

Since Cravers are a bit at a Disadvantage in this Mod, i have created a Poll to see what the Community says to this Problem.

The Poll will close in 30 Days !

Enjoy the Mod!

This Mod was made during Research for our Main Mod : "B5 Project"

There will be limited Support and Updates.

Install Guide:

• Extract Archive Folder into: "My Documents\Endless Space\Modding
  • Make sure there now is a Diplomacy Mod folder containing an index.xml and some Folders in your Modding Folder
  • Start Endless Space and in Mods Select the Mod: "Diplomacy Mod" and click Load
  • Enjoy the Mod

Download
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 1:59:50 AM
I feel like the biggest problem with diplomacy is ironically war, war is easy to declare, can continue indefinitely, and has no limitation for its extent.

I feel diplomacy should restrict wars without provocation to 15 turns, with reason/cause/cost to 30 turns, and with diplomatic support (With a friend) 90 turns.

And war wariness should also be an increasing gradient, with it being smaller for reasoned wars.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 2:57:23 AM
I actually like your suggestion to an extent but I think instead of limiting it to turn you should have no limit, but for ever war you are in you get a stacking -1 approval to each system if you declare it and if it is declared on you you get a 10 turn grace period or if the other faction takes a colony or breaks a deal you get a 15 turn grace period.

I think endless war should remove any war penalties, but if you are at war with a EW race you gain no negative approval as a non EW race. This makes constant war an option for EW races without penalizing non EW races, and makes war the less preferred option for normal races.

Also non aggression pacts need to be in the game, this would be accessible to EW races. A non aggression pact would work like peace only instead of allowing the other race into your space it is a commitment by both races to not enter any space controlled by the other party and disallows combat in neutral spaces.

Why this important real world diplomatic action is not in ES I do not know.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 5:47:35 AM
There is already warweariness in game and AI does understands it, someone just needs to turn it way more powerful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 9:13:09 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
I feel like the biggest problem with diplomacy is ironically war, war is easy to declare, can continue indefinitely, and has no limitation for its extent.

I feel diplomacy should restrict wars without provocation to 15 turns, with reason/cause/cost to 30 turns, and with diplomatic support (With a friend) 90 turns.

And war wariness should also be an increasing gradient, with it being smaller for reasoned wars.

I don't think war is a problem, if you declare War you not only loose all Trade Routes that you may have owned previousely with the race you declared war upon, you also ate fullnerable to attack. It is not just you who can attack the enemy now he can attack you too.

I think. the biggest problem is the diplomacy option share technologie. ;D but i like it

for Example to friends play Endles Space Online in Public Match.

they find a guy who plays with them. They form an Alliance and Trade Technologie. They will definatly beat that guy ;D
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 11:39:24 AM
The problem there always has been with Tech Trading is:

1. The phenomen known as "Tech Whoring". Trading techs X with Civ 1 in exchange for Tech Y, then trading tech Y with Civ 2 in exchange for Tech Z (whereas Tech Y isn't even something you had), etc.

2. There is a negative gameplay feeling as you lose what "originality" you constructed in exchange for techs you didn't even have to research.

3. You eventually are "just like" your allies.

4. You don't need to be in an Alliance to trade techs, which means the others don't even know you have this "special" status.

That is the reason why I would rather, personnally, remove Trading Tech options from my mod, or restrict it (if possible) to only a few specific tradable techs.

But it is still good to have this mod for all people more interested in the trading technology option!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 6:21:44 AM
I don't think it's the best idea to have all diplomatic technologies automatically unlocked. Having all trade options is nice, but the trade route bonuses should be withheld along with many other upgrades.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 27, 2012, 10:47:02 AM
I seem to have a problem when using the mod. Diplomacy works and certain techs are missing from the tree, but it also appears that others techs that are still in the tree can't be researched. Is it possible that this is because the underlying tech has been deleted?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 27, 2012, 2:51:06 PM
roelm wrote:
I seem to have a problem when using the mod. Diplomacy works and certain techs are missing from the tree, but it also appears that others techs that are still in the tree can't be researched. Is it possible that this is because the underlying tech has been deleted?

it is quite possible, i have kind of rushed this mod. Because it wasn't supposed to be a real Release.. never really tested long enough either. I only Released this because i thought some people might enjoy having diplomacy enabled at the beginning. I created this for Research purposes.

You can see for yourself in the xml files, i am not updating this mod and everybody is free to change what they wan't
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment