Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] Extended Coloration

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 3:21:52 AM
Continue in the theme of Luminality's Colored-Anomalies mod... I actually wanted to mod the circle around the tech tree bubble to reflect the color but I don't thing that is moddable.

Covering Techs / Traits / Resources etc

Before I go much further on this (its really rather boring) is this something people would see as useful, or is it going overboard? Also what do I do about the tech tree bubbles with multiple categories? Ie improved engines and attic colonization. Similarly, what to do about things such abilities as: Metallic Waters +1 smiley: industry +10 smiley: approval Would that be orange or purple?

Debating between separating out trade bonus from just pure dust gains. And I have no real idea what I should be tagging things such as rebellion - military or population, I leaning towards population effect (white) currently

Color Code Table

[TABLE="class:grid,align:center"] Type

Code

Color Science 3179e9 Blue Dust e1ac37 Yellow Industry e4792d Orange Food 94cf39 Green Researched BC8F8F Brown Approval DA70D6 Light Purple Resources 9034e4 Purple Negative B22222 Red Planet Effects 107021 Dark Green Military 808000 Yellow Green Ships Effects 33cdff Light Blue Population ffffff White

[/TABLE]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 4:19:55 AM
iblise wrote:
I actually wanted to mod the circle around the tech tree bubble to reflect the color but I don't thing that is moddable.

Well, technically it is moddable, by creating new icons for each tech. But since the dev team has not given us any access to the existing icon files, the only way to do this is by taking screenshots and then carefully cropping them to get the right alignment. I hope that they will eventually release these. My goal would be to change the colors to better indicate race-specific techs; imho orange is not good enough and not used for many techs such as Efficient Shielding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 4:49:05 AM
that's not the circle hes talking about, hes talking about the ring + sideways U shape that is yellow/blue/grey ATM I am 95% sure that that is not moddable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 4:55:16 AM
What Nycid said ^^

Any thoughts though? Is this going too far in regards to coloration?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 5:06:59 AM
Not necessarily for some they like it, for me though, I think there is a point of too much information.

Now if you could have it highlight a color on mouse over that would allow you to have a more minimalistic approach and still ad color info.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 5:37:10 AM
I advise against changing the color of the circles, they are supposed to be used to show if the tech is researched, accessible, or inaccessible.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 11:30:55 PM
iblise wrote:
I actually wanted to mod the circle around the tech tree bubble to reflect the color but I don't thing that is moddable.

methinks this has already been done in this here project smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 8:36:01 AM
davea wrote:
Well, technically it is moddable, by creating new icons for each tech. But since the dev team has not given us any access to the existing icon files, the only way to do this is by taking screenshots and then carefully cropping them to get the right alignment. I hope that they will eventually release these.

That should be the case next week. We had to solve some legal stuff before releasing the resource package.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment