Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

quick question

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:44:42 AM
Hello,

any idea's on how to create a map with only the player and the seemingly random generated pirates? Would i have to modify a saved game and 'kill' the other faction? or is it not even possible to have a game with just the player and pirates?

Still trying to get a handle on the game and have a nice slow map so i can get a better idea of what the heck i am doing without having other factions take 70% of the galaxy before i know whats happening.

-Bandit
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:47:36 AM
Sounds like it would be a great scenario, or practice mission. I believe you can continue the game even after the AI is defeated, but I don't think you can start a game without the AI; you might have to kill them with a modified save game, although if that doesn't work, the final solution would be to mod the AI so it won't expand.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:52:46 AM
alright thank you, i will have to look around the forums to know where to look in the code and what tools i will need to even start to mod save game or AI stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:56:50 AM
Banditks wrote:
alright thank you, i will have to look around the forums to know where to look in the code and what tools i will need to even start to mod save game or AI stuff.

Before that, you should wait for a more definite answer. And maybe someone would be kind enough to mod a savegame and send it to you to save you the trouble - this forum has some great members.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 7:02:17 AM
I have noticed that, this forum seems to have a wonderfully creative and positive community. Its nice to see all the idea's, questions, musings, and creative works flowing around so freely.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 3:34:43 PM
Try a huge map, 2 player, newbie difficulty. The other AI will expand so slowly, it will seem you have the whole map to yourself. You may also want to disable the economic victory (advanced options on right side of new game panel). An AI which is left to itself will eventually horde enough dust to win.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 1:45:01 AM
I found a way to set a faction as pirates, you could have a two player game of your opponent literally being pirates.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 2:42:29 AM
would that allow them to take and hold star systems like a normal faction?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 5:22:00 PM
Well I know that pirates have started invasions on me before, but thus far I've never let them progress to the point that they finish one (closest I got was getting a fleet back to the rear to drive one off with 5 turns left on the timer) so I'm not sure if they can actually do anything with the system after they invade, but I would suspect so...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment