Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Release Notes and Resources

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 9:36:43 PM
Hey all, I have two questions/problems regarding the modding forums.

1. Release Notes: LoiCus posted this thread about XLM changes and said he would be updating it with each release. Has he forgotten to update this thread, or have there simply been no XML changes in the last couple releases?

2. For some reason I can't download the icon package here. It tells me that I'm either not logged in or I don't have permission to access the page (and I am logged in). What's up here?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 2:07:09 AM
1. They forgot. I have used "diff" to find the changes in this thread:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15817-xml-differences-between-releases

2. This question is asked in every single different thread where there is an attachment. It is painful to run around to every thread and drop these breadcrumbs. (Not your fault; forum admins fault.) See for example the three steps in the OP here: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 3:00:50 AM
Thanks, davea. Evidently Chrome does not work for downloading the attachment (as I've logged in/out dozens of times and never had success). IE worked first try.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 4:55:30 AM
For some reason, "switching" browsers is the key. If you have trouble with one browser, it could be any one; but when you go to a second one it works. I think some kind of wrong "cookie" is being stored, and the second browser doesn't have whatever the cookie is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 5:31:22 AM
I've actually never had any issue with downloading an attachment using Chrome (or any other browser for that matter) but I do have repeated "timeouts" in being logged in when spending a long time reading over a single thread/going back and forth between ES and the forums. It could be that the issue is related, where your session has timed out between when you first opened the thread, and when you actually go to download the attachment. In this case, either swapping browsers OR completely closing the forums in your current browser and going back to the home page and logging in again should fix it (the latter is the approach I use whenever I time out my session while having the forums open, makes it easier to use the "back" button to get back to the thread I had been reading smiley: smile)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 9:25:27 AM
Right now, picking up the right version of a file is a little complex, for dev reasons. I'll try to keep you updated on which files were modified.

Also, I don't list them here because it's already mentioned in the release notes but the localization files are constantly updated. And even when a release note is missing "Fixed several text & localization issues", you should still update your localization files as minor changes might have been made.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment