Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiple Planet Exploitations

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:56:12 AM
To put it simply, I want more micromanagement in Endless Galaxy. Be able to modify a planet at low level would open room for various new mechanics and more flexible gameplay. Having more than one planet exploitation (now, it should call planet improvement) at the same time will give more option for their development.

The vanilla gameplay is only focus on star system, and that mechanics makes small star system and variable star system very unattractive. Giving option to improve an planet individually with a smaller cost will help close the gap between a big star system and a small one.

This might also make the game more realistic (or easier to imagine, if you prefer). I still consider improvement as a construction, then it should be place on a planet, not flying around space. And Terrans may upset when government use their tax Dust to pay for a improvement that only benefit Martians! This aspect may lead to a lot controversy so I won't go further. Making a single planet solar system more useful is more important to me smiley: smile.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:04:56 PM
Is it possible to make many exploitation exist at a same time on a planet?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:21:25 PM
You can only have one exploitation. But you can have many system improvements (buildings) which give the same effect. I am not sure what extra benefit would come from allowing multiple exploitations. You can focus the system on different types of output by building different improvements.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:29:04 PM
Voltue wrote:
Is it possible to make many exploitation exist at a same time on a planet?

I'm not sure, but that would make the whole exploitation mechanic pointless. It would be the same as cheating.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:57:05 PM
prassel wrote:
I'm not sure, but that would make the whole exploitation mechanic pointless. It would be the same as cheating.

Not cheating (in my opinion), but yes, the exploitations mechanic would be useless - but on the other hand, it would give the player the choice to make his planets less "specific"..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 7:00:16 PM
My purpose is to twist the gameplay a little bit. By switch from star system scale to planet scale, a small galaxy system would be more benefical.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 7:01:14 PM
Voltue wrote:
My purpose is to twist the gameplay a little bit. By switch from star system scale to planet scale, a small galaxy system would be more benefical.

Indeed, correct!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 7:50:36 PM
The whole point of the planet exploitation is to be specific. If you get the option to run multiple exploitations at the same time for free, it defeats the whole point of it. You could just aswell just give yourself free FIDS and/or instant construction cheat. I dont see how the galaxy size has anything to do with this.

System improvements does exactly what you want, but you want the same effects for free, that is what I call cheating.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 9:58:32 PM
It would be cheating if the effect would only apply to him. But if you give an effect to everyone I doubt I would call that cheating. Also just removing the maintainance-cost from buildings would probably be way easier to get an effect for free.

For the original-question... Look at how moon-exploration and/or anomaly-removal work. I think that would be the way how to implement planet-buildings.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 1:25:17 AM
Well, I DO want to defeats the current system and create a new mechanics.

Let compare a "X" empire who owns only a "six-planets" solar system and a "Y" empire who controls 6 one-planet solar systems in the current mechanic:

-Assuming that all planets in this comparison are the same side, same type, same anomaly and has the same population. Two empires also possesses same techs.

-Now, the FIDS yields are the same between "X" and "Y"; "X" and "Y" also suffer the same amount of overpopulation disapproval. But, there is a big different when "Y" has to suffer an extra global expansion disapproval! (my data come from wiki so the number may be outdated)

-Then build Public-Private Partnerships on all star systems, FIDS yields are still the same, but "Y" has to paid 10 Dust more than "X".

-Build Predictive Logistics, "Y" has to paid 25 Dust premium.

-Build Adaptive Taxation Systems, the additional cost becomes 35 Dust

.....the number are just adding up.

Now, my idea is to move those improvements to each individual planet by manipulating the planet exploitation system. And I really have no intent to let those planet exploitation being free: NO MOAR FREE EXPLOITATION! Of course, the cost of the new planet exploitations would be less than the old star improvements' cost; but overall, think the demand of Dust will increase. This systems affects all player, but there still chance that something would become broken or useless. Balancing will a difficult task; however, new experience is guaranteed. Most star improvements will be removed, but some will be kept (bigger must be better in some ways though).

Well, to much explanation for such a short question. Please understand that this kind of ideas is not to improve the game, as Endless Galaxy is a great game already. I just changes the game to suit my tastes, that is all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 7:46:16 AM
Maybe you should have colonised the 6 planet system instead of the 6 1 planet ones ;-)

Seriously, in my opinion this is a non issue. Aside from the extreme example, I have yet to see a situation where this is such a major issue. If it is, maybe you can choose the option for lots of planets, or even just pick a larger size galaxy.

Don't mess with mechanics that ultimately are not broken.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 8:13:50 AM
Just to answer the first question which is "Is there a way to build "improvement" on the planet?", I have to say "no"... Mostly because you want be able to display the already build improvement to provide some "scraping" purpose.

Perhaps the "Anomaly" way could work but no promise in it...

Sorry ! ^^

Cheers,

Flo
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 8:14:21 PM
The overall effect would be a wash, because six-planet systems would also have multiple exploitations. You'd just have an overall increase in FIDS.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 30, 2012, 9:40:11 AM
A big no to this. We already have system improvements which do the same thing. It would be needless extra micro
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment