Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to hide system improvements I don't wanna to build?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 10:40:32 AM
When I was using AIL's AI mod, it provided a function of hiding unnecessary improvements like "Sustainable Farming" at jungle planet only system. I would like to know, how it is done so I could include it to my personal mod compilation. So far I've found code, which makes the improvement unbuildable:

StarSystemImprovement.xml

[CODE]

StarSystemImprovementFood1

$(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeDesert,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeArid,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeArctic,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeTundra,PlanetStatusColonized)

(($(ClassStarSystem:ConsumptionPerFood) ge $(ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) and $(ClassStarSystem:Population) lt $(ClassStarSystem:MaxSystemPopulation)) or $(ClassStarSystem:FoodSurplusToProductionBonus) gt 0 or $(ClassStarSystem:FoodSurplus) lt 0) and ($(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeDesert,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeArid,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeArctic,PlanetStatusColonized) or $(ClassStarSystem/PlanetTypeTundra,PlanetStatusColonized))

%StarSystemImprovementFood1Title

%StarSystemImprovementFood1Description

[/CODE]

But it doesn't make the icon for improvement to disappear. Could someone tell me the right way to make it work?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 3:21:24 PM
It makes it unbuildable but doesn't make the icon disappaer? That's strange. It always worked like that for me.

I even have something similar with the Emergency-Money-Building. It always disappears when the requirements are not met and reappears once they are fullfilled again.

Edit: I also always use the to test what the AI would see when I'm not sure. I really wonder why even davea says it woulnd't work anymore. oO Probably a bug that in some configurations it works and in others it doesn't.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 4:23:13 PM
Hmm so it's not only my case. Anyway thanks a lot for response. Also I wasn't aware who was the original creator of this mod. Maybe some patch will fix it. I'm just wondering why devs don't put it into the game, but they have more important issues to deal with maybe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 4:51:43 PM
JustSpectre wrote:
Hmm so it's not only my case. Anyway thanks a lot for response. Also I wasn't aware who was the original creator of this mod. Maybe some patch will fix it. I'm just wondering why devs don't put it into the game, but they have more important issues to deal with maybe.

Its actually up for the current g2g vote smiley: smile http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Games2gether
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 8:52:22 PM
Its actually up for the current g2g vote

Well, I've already voted for "Exploration rewards". Never thought that I'll miss such a "trivial" thing as hidden icons.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment