Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Removing Expansion Dissaproval

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 10, 2012, 6:15:22 PM
Wanted to play again but after a certain patch, changing the sharedassets17 isnt possible so i cant remove it like that. Anyone could tell me if there is another way or could tell me how i could make a mod that does it? I tried searching around but cant find anything, and it's really ruining the game for me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 10, 2012, 11:43:08 PM
Expansion disapproval is best countered by researching the techs in the south tree that reduce it by 90%. If you want to make a mod, please read the modding tutorial; all of the changes are done in plain text xml files these days. By looking up these techs in the xml, you can see what the related variable names are, and if you still want to, you can decrease it that way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 10, 2012, 11:44:39 PM
davea wrote:
Expansion disapproval is best countered by researching the techs in the south tree that reduce it by 90%. If you want to make a mod, please read the modding tutorial; all of the changes are done in plain text xml files these days. By looking up these techs in the xml, you can see what the related variable names are, and if you still want to, you can decrease it that way.

Could you just find the actual variable/modifier somewhere in the game files and set it to 0?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:29:06 AM
Pretty sure you could mod "EmpireDescriptor.xml"

Specifically: (line 241)

[CODE]

[/CODE]

You could try commenting this out. I haven't tried this and don't know if this is used by anything else - but in theory this should work. Alternatively, set the value to 0 for the first line - that way it never adds additional colonized systems to the Property.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:33:48 AM
EvilTactician wrote:
Pretty sure you could mod "EmpireDescriptor.xml"

Specifically: (line 241)

[CODE]

[/CODE]

You could try commenting this out. I haven't tried this and don't know if this is used by anything else - but in theory this should work. Alternatively, set the value to 0 for the first line - that way it never adds additional colonized systems to the Property.

hasn't Ail said that some things crash when we set them zero? I think it was @ the "empty systems" idea - so watch out smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:55:49 AM
I guess he could just as easily set it to "1" in that case - it's not like expansion penalties trigger until you have a couple of systems anyway :P

So @Darthturk - take note of Tredecim's comment :P If your game crashes, try setting the value to 1 instead.

Personally, I don't see much problem with expansion dissaproval and I can't really motivate myself to test this smiley: smile But at least you know where to find it now.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 2:49:54 AM

in GameDifficultyDescriptor.xml might also shut it down when set to 0.

There's one for each difficulty-level and one for each difficulty-level for the AI aswell.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment