Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestions for the "Automatons"

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 15, 2012, 4:39:04 PM
Well, I have some cool ideas for automatons, and I believe it is a good idea to put them here. Good reading!

Unique Ship Models: I believe it is not necessary to mention this, but everyone want unique ship models for the Automatons.

Floating Platforms: Now this idea is very interesting. I propose: remove the city lights from Automaton planets, and then put that gas giant's huge floating cities on every Automaton planets. This would simulate the huge floating platforms where it is said that the Automatons live. Of course, only Automaton planets would have their city lights replaced by the floating cities, and in this case, all automaton planets would have their city lights removed (except for asteroid belts, of course).

But I don't know if adding such floating platforms would be possible without affecting the planets of the other factions, and even if it is possible, I'm no good modder. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 22, 2012, 8:34:32 AM
While unique ships would certainly be appreciated, the truth of the matter is, doing modelling sucks. The software required to do it well is expensive, and the process is exceptionally time-consuming (Believe me, I've done a ton of mods, and with the exception of one mod, I've always used in-game assets just like Amplitude did). That's not to say someone might not do it some day as a labour of love, but it's really not as easy as some people assume.

As for the planets, it could work as a unique anomoly for their home planet, but as for changing the actual planets they colonize, I don't believe it'd work. You've definitely got a good idea there though...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 23, 2012, 7:08:47 PM
Well I'm currently making a ship mod (originally for the Sheredyn but you can apply the ships to the Automatons without any modding knowledge in one Minute) and I'm in a quite late stage of it.

I used some models of a Star Wars mod and the only things I have to do to release an alpha version of this mod is to wait for the allowance of the model creator to use its models; Although I have to say that my textures are not perfect.

That's why I call it alpha; the mod is working well so far, with two exceptions: First of all the textures as I said and furthermore I have the problem, that I didn't find out so far why the models can't be sized (or why I'm unable to do this smiley: wink ). So the models are all sized like medium ships in vanilla.

So it's only a question of time when it's getting released, although I don't know the moment the model author contacts be.

Just as a teaser, the Battleship:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 23, 2012, 8:38:16 PM
Quaresma7 wrote:
Well I'm currently making a ship mod (originally for the Sheredyn but you can apply the ships to the Automatons without any modding knowledge in one Minute) and I'm in a quite late stage of it.

I used some models of a Star Wars mod and the only things I have to do to release an alpha version of this mod is to wait for the allowance of the model creator to use its models; Although I have to say that my textures are not perfect.

That's why I call it alpha; the mod is working well so far, with two exceptions: First of all the textures as I said and furthermore I have the problem, that I didn't find out so far why the models can't be sized (or why I'm unable to do this smiley: wink ). So the models are all sized like medium ships in vanilla.

So it's only a question of time when it's getting released, although I don't know the moment the model author contacts be.

Just as a teaser, the Battleship:

Nice ship & good suggestions from HumanSpacer smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment