Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

EmpireTraitDescriptor Help

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 11:18:13 PM
A mod that I have been working on over the past couple of months is almost finished, but I ran into a small snag. The EmpireTraitDescriptor file that I use is apparently missing a SimulationObjectDescriptor tag somewhere, I have looked, but cannot find the spot where the error(s) are occurring. If anyone wants to take a look, I will be posting the EmpireTraitDescriptor as well as the FactionTrait and output log, perhaps someone can spot the problem, so I can fix it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 11:22:54 PM
Thanks for supplying the output_log to look at. I agree this message is not helpful. Let me suggest a general technique: make one change in the file; test it by at least loading the game; make another change; test it; etc. In case you have already made many changes when a problem appears, then do it backwards: remove the last change you made; test it; etc. Very often in the case of a syntax error such as mismatched keywords, any xml parser may get confused and give a misleading and/or useless message. If you narrow it down to one change which causes the problem, then sometimes that will make the solution clear.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
davea wrote:
Thanks for supplying the output_log to look at. I agree this message is not helpful. Let me suggest a general technique: make one change in the file; test it by at least loading the game; make another change; test it; etc. In case you have already made many changes when a problem appears, then do it backwards: remove the last change you made; test it; etc. Very often in the case of a syntax error such as mismatched keywords, any xml parser may get confused and give a misleading and/or useless message. If you narrow it down to one change which causes the problem, then sometimes that will make the solution clear.

Not sure why I did not think of that before, finally got it fixed, just missing the closing tag. It should be ready to go in a few hours. Thanks again davea.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment