Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

MOD request - remove all the new random event options

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 4:43:19 PM
Hi guys, never used a mod before and not sure if it is difficult to make but could one be easily made to remove all thew new events?

Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:01:34 PM
Edit: As davea pointed out, there is an in-game option so this isn't needed at all. But for reference, I will leave the reply as an educational exercise for those who search for other, related things on the forums.

The absolute easiest and quickest way is to comment out all the events in the game itself, as using a Mod to comment them out will just load them from the original file. It is achievable by modding but quite frankly it's more effort than it's worth it to me as I rather work with the game instead of 'against' it.

Go to: \Steam\steamapps\common\endless space\Public\Simulation

Copy RandomEvent.xml to a safe location on your computer so you can easily restore it. Deleting the edited file and doing verify game cache in Steam will also revert you back to vanilla.

Now Edit RandomEvent.xml by commenting out all the events.

Enjoy a game without RandomEvents.

You can obviously do the same with Exploration Events and others.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this as I have no desire to play like this myself - but this should work fine.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:16:30 PM
No no no! The easiest way to remove all the random events is to use the checkbutton in the game options panel to switch them off.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:36:54 PM
davea wrote:
No no no! The easiest way to remove all the random events is to use the checkbutton in the game options panel to switch them off.

Hah. I didn't even check, given that he's asking for a mod for it :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 2:19:47 AM
davea wrote:

Rofl.. thanks smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment